Edge Equity Analyst
Edge Asset Management is a specialized equity manager within the Principal Global Investors Asset Management structure. With a unique investment philosophy and dedicated team based in Seattle, Edge manages over $15B in AUM through their differentiated investment process. They seek out long term investments in companies that pay meaningful, growing dividends through their proprietary research approach. Edge has been managing assets since 1939, managing one of the first mutual funds in the industry. Edge enjoys the focus of a boutique firm while leveraging the deep resources of Principal.
Edge is seeking an Equity Analyst to join our growing team. As part of our equity team, you would conduct fundamental, bottom-up research to assist in the management of the EDGE equity portfolios. EDGE's philosophy and process is based on the following tenets:
- Identify quality businesses with above average fundamentals;
- A long-term (typically 3-5 years) investment horizon;
- And having the patience to purchase businesses when they are out of favor
In addition, the Equity Analyst will be responsible for:
- Making long-term investment recommendations for multiple portfolios
- Monitoring existing investments within their assigned sector coverage
- Working with EDGE’s Director of Research and Portfolio Managers by making buy, sell, or hold recommendations for companies
- MBA with finance emphasis OR Chartered Financial Analyst designation required, both are preferred.
- 3-5 years investment experience or relevant business experience.
- Knowledge of equity analysis across multiple sectors.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate understanding of economies and investment theories.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.