Portfolio Analyst – Target Date
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Portfolio Analyst is primarily responsible for researching investment portfolios and developing institutional-level portfolio analysis, messages and content to inform key stakeholders about T. Rowe Price's investment portfolios. The portfolio analyst leverages the time of both the portfolio manager and portfolio specialist while working to help ensure the consistency, accuracy and integrity of investment messages across relevant regions, distribution channels, and audiences. The portfolio analyst serves as a subject matter resource for their assigned investment strategies and serves as a representative of those investment strategies across the firm. Analysis and content developed by the portfolio analyst supports the firm’s efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The portfolio analyst must continuously grow and adapt to meet changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change over time. The portfolio analyst must excel at working independently, collaborating with key professionals, and leading projects to completion. The role is responsible for participating on project teams and collaborating effectively with many groups across the enterprise.
Research & Analysis
- Conduct investment research on assigned investment portfolios, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning to support the needs of the portfolio manager or portfolio specialist. Research conducted by the portfolio analyst may also provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
- Creates custom analysis often under the direction of the portfolio specialist either to anticipate client concerns or to respond to client inquiries in a time sensitive environment on a global scale.
- Develop and maintain knowledge necessary to act as a subject matter resource on markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers. Subject matter knowledge is used to support existing strategies and may be used to support new product initiatives.
- Often in conjunction with Portfolio Specialist, creates quality and nuanced investment messaging to effectively communicate and position results of analysis and inform key stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver quarterly strategy updates often in conjunction with portfolio specialists to inform the enterprise of investment results and views on assigned strategies.
- Grow and maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications in order to extract investment data and conduct analysis.
Provide Leverage to Other Investment Professionals
- Support and in some cases represent portfolio managers and portfolio specialists in response to associate and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up prospect, client, and consultant questions.
- Act as an investment resource for content creation including custom presentations, exhibits and analysis (i.e. mini kits, capital market decks, matrixes, new product collateral, etc.) used by Investment Management, portfolio specialists and the Business Units.
- Provides investment support for and sometimes represents investments perspective on sales and marketing collateral, this can include development, review and/or sign-off responsibilities.
- Depending on coverage area and business needs, may be asked to participate in client meetings and/or conduct client investment reviews.
Franchise & Asset Class Support
- Develop and maintain relationships necessary to navigate an often complex organizational structure and evolving regulatory environment in order to respond to client needs.
- Contribute to an informed sales group by providing general education, onboarding, one-on-one coaching and facilitating quarterly meetings with distribution associates.
- Educate and train diverse groups of TRP associates about assigned investment portfolios.
- Provide franchise support on RFPs as well as written commentaries on assigned investment strategies.
- Support the full sales cycle (obtaining consultant ratings, prospecting, sales meeting preparation, real-time sales and client service meeting follow-up, client retention inquiries)
- Responsible for helping raise and maintain brand awareness globally by working with Marketing, PR, Distribution and other enterprise groups.
- Assist in mentoring new and junior members of the team.
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- College degree and 3 - 5 years of related investment work experience
- Progress toward MBA or related degree and/or Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA)
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Specialists, Institutional Distribution Associates
- Working knowledge of Institutional Investors
- College degree and 6+ years of investment experience
- MBA or related degree and/or Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA)
- Institutional Investment knowledge
- Defined Contribution experience
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors