Senior Financial Analyst
About Us: Federated Investors, Inc. is one of the largest investment managers in the world with $460 billion* in assets under management. We offer a diverse, global product line that includes equity ($72.5B), fixed income ($63B), alternative/private markets ($18B) and multi-asset ($4B) products along with a top tier liquidity management business with $302B under management. With the recent addition of Hermes in 2018, we have added a premier ESG integrated manager along with a leading ESG advisory business that has $496bn of assets under stewardship through Hermes Equity Ownership Services (“EOS”).
To complement our investment capabilities we have a world class distribution team consisting of 235 regional consultants/sales professionals that distribute our products through more than 9,000 intermediary firms and other institutions. We have been in business for over 65 years and are passionate about growth with a keen eye on stability and always making the right decision.
Our Future: The future is bright, especially given the acquisition and integration of the world class Hermes team. Organic growth, M&A and financial excellence are core concepts to Federated. In the past 18 years, Federated has completed 60+ transactions totaling $90+ billion dollars of assets and are consistent, active players in the M&A market. We pride ourselves on doing business the right way, it’s the cornerstone of how we operate. We have a structured, time tested approach to business and a culture that emphasizes professionalism, teamwork and promotes a healthy work/life balance.
This Team: The Decision Support team is at the center of all things financial planning and analysis (FP&A) within Federated and is a key player in major decisions which craft and drive the future of the company. The position is ideal for someone looking to work in corporate finance with an eye on FP&A, M&A, budgeting, Investor Relations, and the opportunity to work on impactful ad hoc projects.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Decision Support
LOCATION: Federated Tower, Downtown, Pittsburgh
The core focus of the Decision Support team is to support the sales functionality of Federated. This entails typical FP&A work through direct coordination with senior sales managers on monthly and quarterly reporting, along with ad hoc analysis on individual sales channels. This role is expected to be the financial lead of an individual channel, understanding and owning all aspects of that channel’s financials. He/She is also expected to dive deep into the entire Decision Support team’s processes and provide innovative solutions to make the team faster and more accurate along with creating and delivering new reports to help senior sales managers understand their financials.
The team has several other exciting responsibilities which include:
- M&A: Drive the M&A process by providing extensive financial modeling and deal related insights/recommendations
- Investor Relations: Support the Investor Relations process by preparing key executives for the quarterly Earnings Release
- Ad hoc projects: Support a wide array of corporate initiatives and collaborate across business functionality
We are looking for a driven, hardworking, dynamic individual who will share new ideas and has a passion for financial excellence
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field required
- 3+ years of financial analyst experience, with a preference towards Private Equity, Investment Banking, Consulting, or direct mutual fund industry
- Strong Excel modeling skills required (direct M&A or budgeting via Excel experience a plus) along with an ability to create clean concise presentation materials for senior managers via Excel or PowerPoint
- Experience with financial information systems such as Hyperion Essbase/Smartview, FINDERS, Oracle Financials, MIS and MARS a plus
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to coordinate across team and division along with presenting to senior managers
- Keen eye on detail and accuracy with the ability to handle tight deadlines
If you meet these requirements and want to learn more, please visit our website:
*All numbers referenced in this sheet are as of Q4 2018
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors