VictoryShares & Solutions Senior Portfolio Implementation Specialist
VictoryShares is a specialist ETF provider with a focus on rules-based solutions that seek to bridge the gap between active and passive. The VictoryShares & Solutions product line includes single and multi-factor strategies designed to seek a variety of outcomes, including maximum diversification, dividend income, and downside mitigation. The VictoryShares & Solutions platform has grown to approximately $3.9 billion in AUM as of January 31, 2019.
The VictoryShares & Solutions Implementation Team is responsible for the day-to-day investment management and operational oversight functions of Victory’s suite of rules-based solutions, including the $3.0 billion ETF product line.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Portfolio Implementation Specialist will be detail oriented and excel at risk identification and mitigation; someone with a concrete understanding of process controls. He or she will also have an affinity toward portfolio management and investing—equity, fixed income, and derivatives. The candidate will have a sincere desire to learn and grow with a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and a willingness to take on a broad range of assignments.
- Monitor daily cash levels and flow information in conjunction with trade activity and current market conditions to provide investment recommendations
- Help coordinate trade, order, and rebalance activity with tangential business partners
- Manage futures accounts including daily margin maintenance, periodic contract rolls, and options exposure in conjunction with portfolio trading and market behavior/volatility
- Lead the research and resolution of complex trade and settlement issues, working closely with brokers, APs, middle and back office
- Conduct security analysis to support trade decisions, corporate action elections, and proxy voting
- Develop, maintain, and enhance proprietary portfolio management tools; work closely with Technology, Trading, and Operations to continuously automate processes and gain efficiency
- Conduct ongoing tracking error analysis and provide insight into sources of dispersion including detailed performance attribution reporting for executive management
- Participate in policy and process improvements by proactively identifying challenges as well as proposing and implementing solutions
- Contribute to special projects and cross training efforts as assigned
- Demonstrated insight into capital markets and market behavior
- Strong understanding of securities including equities, fixed income, and derivatives
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including look-ups and macros
- Quantitative orientation; comfortable manipulating, scaling, and analyzing large data sets
- 5-7 years of experience working for an asset manager, preferably in portfolio management or investment operations
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or a related field
- CFA® designation
- Working proficiency of Charles River Development, FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, Zephyr
- Rules or model-based investing and/or hands-on ETF experience
- Index replication and portfolio optimization, particularly in fixed income
- Derivatives trading