Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Role Value Proposition:
Credit Risk Management, an independent review function within MetLife’s Investment Risk Management team, is seeking a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to support the oversight of its credit risks generated by its investment portfolios. This position will be responsible for credit risk surveillance, monitoring exposures against limits, and identifying emerging trends and concentrations This position will also be responsible for reviewing and challenging internal ratings, identifying emerging risks, monitoring and reporting significant changes in credit quality (e.g. rating migration, fallen angels), and analyzing how long-term sector trends and events could impact our portfolios.
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate solid quantitative and qualitative credit skills that span across corporate sectors. Direct experience analyzing cyclical sectors, such as construction, communications, industrials, materials, consumer products, is preferred.
This position reports directly to MetLife’s AVP of Credit Risk Surveillance and will be responsible for assisting– with any credit risk related matters, including preparing analyses for senior management (e.g. Chief Risk Officer).
- Conduct credit risk surveillance on MetLife’s investment portfolios, with a focus on cyclical sectors and escalate key findings to senior management.
- Ensure the maintenance of solid credit analyses and that credit risk policies are comprehensive.
- Assist in development and enhancement of credit risk analytics including economic capital, probability of default, loss given default, exposure at default, expected loss modeling, etc.
- Resolve limit breaches and requests to exceed limits.
- Support management in preparing various credit risk dashboard and reporting.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5-7 years of applicable and proven experience in corporate credit analysis at an insurance, banking, asset management or other financial services institution.
- Undergraduate degree required; advance degree preferred (e.g. MBA or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics).
- Ability to work effectively with key partners (e.g. Investments, Legal, etc.).
- Can effectively influence others and gain consensus when needed.
- Be able to work independently and detail oriented.
- Strong presentation, communication and organizational skills are a prerequisite.
- Team player who can adapt to changing priorities.
- Formal credit training preferred. The individual should have a solid credit background and ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of fundamental credit analysis and key drivers of credit risk trends.
- Ability to collate and analyze information into reasoned and supported arguments.
- Good business acumen and ability to connect analytical insights with business decisions.
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint), as well as ability to quickly learn new risk management tools and concepts.
- Experience with commonly used credit applications and rating methodologies is a must.
Global Risk Management
Number of Openings