Director, Responsible Investing
DIRECTOR, RESPONSIBLE INVESTING
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $437 billion in assets under management. With the recent addition of Hermes in 2018, we have added a premier ESG integrated asset manager along with one of the strongest stewardship teams in the world.
Federated has a unique opportunity for a Director, Responsible Investing located at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is an exciting opportunity to design and build a centralized Responsible Investing Office which will support Federated’s investment teams. Specifically the office will enhance the structure and consultancy to advance more formal and systematic methods of integrating ESG factors, sustainability research and corporate engagement. This position will work closely with Federated’s affiliate, Hermes Investment Management, a global leader in sustainable investing and stewardship, to leverage their expertise and collaborate to enrich the RI program. We are looking for a leader with strong influencing skills who is self-confident, proactive and has a proven ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Post graduate degree and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- 7+ years professional experience in financial services, fund management, corporate responsibility, sustainability, governance, academia or consultancy preferred
- High influencing capability commanding respect amongst internal and external peers.
- Knowledge of investment management, security analysis, quantitative analysis and/or research skills required
- Familiarity with portfolio management techniques, risk measurement and attribution, fundamental security analysis and quantitative analysis preferred.
- A strong grasp of and belief in Responsible Investing required.
- Organized with strong program and time management skills.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Work closely with, and act as a consultant to, the Federated equity, fixed income, and liquidity portfolio management teams to advance their process of integrating ESG factors and engagement in their investment decisions.
- Work with the investment teams, Chief Investment Officers and Hermes to develop the ESG and engagement integration approach most relevant for each of Federated’s investment strategies..
- Working with Hermes and liaising with the investment and engagement teams, design and develop proprietary best practice ESG investment and engagement tools and enhance sustainability research and measurement techniques for each asset class.
- Identify and integrate best in class third party ESG research and tools where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of the developments in the responsible investment field by participating in relevant conferences and provide feedback to appropriate investment teams.
- Participate on committees at PRI and other select organizations that will advance ESG integration by investee companies and investment managers.
- Create higher visibility for Federated through expert ESG research and white papers. Represent Federated’s responsible investing views and expertise through speaking engagements at industry and client conferences.
More searches like this
- Brokerage Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors