Equity Portfolio Manager – Private Client
Based in Wisconsin’s capital city since its founding in 1974, Madison has grown from a local firm into a nationally recognized asset manager entrusted with assets across a suite of mutual funds, managed accounts and customized portfolios. The catalyst for Madison’s growth has been a management style that looks beyond short-term trends, emphasizing the performance of investments over full market cycles. Our highly-credentialed portfolio managers, analysts and traders share a belief in high-conviction, risk-conscious investing, and have the autonomy to shape this approach within their own investment teams.
We are looking for an experienced client facing portfolio manager/analyst to help manage equity products as well as client portfolios. The ideal candidate will have an interest in and an advanced knowledge of financial concepts including equity analysis, asset allocation, portfolio construction, and investment products and themes. We are looking for someone who is curious, analytical, independent, a strong communicator, self-motivated, with high integrity who enjoys working with clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Actively manage individual and institutional client portfolios including allocation across various asset classes.
- Establish and cultivate strong client relationships by working directly with clients to gather information, ask relevant questions, build investment plans, solve problems and communicate results against shared expectations and goals.
- Originate and recommend new investments by conducting in-depth, fundamental research as well as maintain research on existing investments.
- Communicate investment research via written reports, informal discussions, and presentations.
- Interface effectively with senior staff of Executive Committee, Investment Management, Legal/Compliance, Operations and Sales/Marketing.
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree(s) and/or Chartered Financial Analyst Designation (CFA) preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in the Investment Management Industry with skills in equity analysis, risk management, asset allocation, financial planning, portfolio construction, investment product due diligence and investment research.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to perform duties independently.
- Team player working to deliver exceptional superior investment management services to individual and institutional clients.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products as well as industry-specific technology, including but not limited to: Advent APX, Charles River, OnBase, Factset, Black Diamond and MoneyGuide Pro.