Research Associate for Small Cap Hedge Fund
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our small firm working closely with our research team in a collaborative environment, with the opportunity to have immediate impact on the investment process. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter capable of completing a variety of unstructured, ad hoc research requests on a wide range of topics. Additionally, you will have strong phone skills and the ability to make calls to industry sources, business experts, and company executives in many different businesses and industries.
Above all, we are looking for someone who:
1) Wants to be here more than anywhere else - both at a hedge fund, and our fund specifically
2) Has strong, directly relevant experience; 2-4 years of experience
3) Demonstrated ability as a motivated self-starter capable of taking a basic set of directions and running with it
4) Strong attention to detail and ability to reach nuanced conclusions
The Research Associate tasks include:
*Conduct industry research, competitive analysis, and due-diligence on a wide variety of topics. We’re looking for someone who can grasp a basic thesis and thoroughly research a topic to either prove or disprove our initial view of the topic. You are the type of person who loves an intellectual challenge and thinking for yourself based on data and facts.
*Strong business sense and familiarity with numbers and data. You must be able to read financial statements and make sense of basic accounting.
*Compose in-depth written investigative reports for potential investments and be able to discuss your findings with colleagues.
*Ability to find answers to complex questions that require extensive internet searches, on the ground research, and phone work.
Include the following with your application:
Read the LOVE 10-K and answer the following two questions in 500 words or less:
- Is this a good or bad business independent of its valuation?
- What is your view of the accounting of this company?
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive Base + Bonus + Health Benefits