Senior Institutional Fundraiser - Senior Associate/Vice President (DOE)
Wilshire Associates is a leading global independent investment consulting and services firm and provides consulting services, customized investment products, and analytics solutions to plan sponsors, investment managers and financial intermediaries. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, its four business units include Wilshire Funds Management, Wilshire Analytics, Wilshire Consulting and Wilshire Private Markets. Wilshire Funds Management provides customized multi-discipline, multi-manager and hedge fund investment solutions to financial intermediaries serving retail and institutional investors. Wilshire Analytics incorporates Wilshire's investment technology product offerings. Wilshire Consulting provides investment consulting services, including asset allocation, investment structure, manager search and performance measurement to some of the nation's largest public and corporate retirement plans, endowments, foundations, and major insurance companies. Wilshire Private Markets was founded in 1996 and for more than two decades has assisted pension funds, endowments, and foundations to invest in private partnerships focused on a broad range of private capital strategies.
Wilshire Private Markets manages approximately $8.5 billion in assets under advisement/management. We have a global perspective on the private markets with worldwide research capabilities and a major international client base. Both global and regional mandates are structured to meet client investment objectives. Today there are more than 40 professionals in Wilshire Private Markets working in four locations: Santa Monica (Western US), Pittsburgh (Eastern US), Amsterdam (Europe), and Hong Kong (Asia/Pacific).
Role and Responsibilities:
Wilshire is seeking to recruit an institutional fundraiser to raise assets across WPM's various investment strategies and help expand our growing private markets advisory business. This individual should have a solid understanding of the institutional marketing process, be able to effectively articulate the investment philosophy and strategies of Wilshire, have demonstrated success cultivating a strong network in the marketplace that has resulted in winning mandates, and be equipped to lead the sales process from opening the door to closing the sale, bringing in the necessary management and investment team resources along the way. The role will focus primarily on sophisticated institutional buyers across North America. Existing direct relationships with corporate and public plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, and multi-family offices are preferred. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can identify, prioritize and gain access to new investors within the requisite channels. Familiarity with private equity is required as it is imperative that this individual be familiar with the in-depth due diligence process associated with institutional investor commitments within the private markets. Travel may be extensive at times, particularly around targeted fundraising periods which will require more intensive prospecting.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of five years of experience in an institutional fundraising role with a well-regarded private equity firm, fund of funds, placement agent, real estate firm or private equity investment consultant.
- An established track record of raising assets from sophisticated institutional buyers such as endowments, foundations, public & corporate plans, and larger family offices.
- Solid theoretical and practical private equity investment knowledge.
- Strong business judgment.
- The ability to effectively execute a majority of the sales process on his/her own.
- A skilled long-term relationship-builder with excellent client-facing instincts.
- A self-starter who is hard working and results oriented.
- Maturity, polish and personal presence to effectively interface with sophisticated prospects and clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - the ability to present ideas with precision and conviction.
- A passion for excellence.
- An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation.
- Organized, thorough and detail-oriented.
- A natural team-oriented individual who is able to partner effectively with other senior colleagues.
- Must be comfortable with travel which can be extensive at times, particularly around targeted fundraising periods.
- Easygoing and able to work well with different personality types and with colleagues across functions and global geographies.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong academic credentials. An advanced degree (e.g., MBA) and/or professional designation (e.g., CFA) is preferred.
- An international, dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Competitive compensation package, including a bonus opportunity.
- 3 weeks of vacation, 8 paid holidays per year.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k)/Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height, or AIDS/HIV status.
Our company is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.