Corporate Relationship Manager - CORI - Beijing - 20190107003
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
To grow the commercial banking business by both actively acquiring new multinational relationships and deepening relationship with existing MNC clients base. As first point of contact to service the relevant client base, to identify opportunities structure and execute solutions in line with the local business plan and global account strategies.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
- To deepen the relationship with a portfolio of existing MNC clients with an aim to increasing commercial banking penetration with strong focus on trade finance, cash management products and working capital loans
- Regularly communicate with Global relationship managers to update on local developments/opportunities and keep abreast of any change in global account strategy
- To originate new commercial banking relationships with multinational companies in China with strong focus on SG global clients.
- To guide the CA closely to ensure credit proposals are structured and priced properly to protect the bank's interest with acceptable return and in line with the global account strategy set out by the Global Relationship Managers
- To work and supervise CAs to complete credit proposals and reviews within reasonable turnaround time. Proper follow up with Risk is also needed in respect of addressing all further enquiries and additional input as needed.
- To plan visits to facility clients at acceptable frequencies to update business development of the clients as required by the management and the Risk as well as to identify and react to early warning signals on deterioration of counterparty risk and operational risks.
- Respond promptly to any enquiries/referral from overseas BHFM or CIB locations on banking service in China.
- To identify cross-selling opportunities on all prospects and existing clients on CIB products and assist the respective CIB product sales to win the mandate from relationship perspective.
- Other ad hoc tasks / relevant responsibilities as assigned by the management
Academic Background (degree & major)
- Bachelor degree (finance or business discipline and Master Degree can be a plus)
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
- At least 5 years of banking experience with no less than 3 years experience as a relationship manager for Multinationals, preferably with a major international bank
- Solid accounting, financial and credit analysis skills
- Sound knowledge on different bank products, particularly commercial banking/transaction banking products
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build up rapport quickly with clients
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Team playing
- English/Mandarin - Fluent
- German speaking is a strong plus.
- Well versed in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must)
Professional Qualification (if applicable)
- CFA or ACCA qualification is a plus
- Frequent business travels are required