CLO Credit Research Analyst
Our client is a well established alternative investment company and hedge fund. They creatively seek out new opportunities that allow them to remain a leader in alternative investments. As a research analyst you would specialize in a number of different but related investment strategies. The company sees its greatest asset as the collaborative way in which the various disciplines work together. This is an exciting time to join the team as they expand their performing credit business in Europe.
Role: CLO Analyst
Reporting to: Managing Director and Portfolio Manager for European Performing Credit
Following success in the US CLO market, the build-out of the European performing credit business is the natural next step in the growth and diversification of the company's global credit platform. This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join the London office as a lead credit analyst for the company's European CLO business. The successful candidate will play an important role in evaluating new investment opportunities and managing existing investment positions.
- General industry coverage (sectors TBD) Researching and analysing non-investment grade leveraged loan and high yield bond offerings and making recommendations to Credit Committee
- Participate in issuer, servicer, and manager meetings/calls to maintain knowledge of market developments and industry practices.
- Conduct high frequency monitoring of manager news and industry developments in the CLO and bank loan markets.
- Assist in and conduct presentations to Investment Committee.
- Review, explain and answer committee questions. Conduct timely, and accurate follow-up analysis
- Playing a key role in developing proprietary investment ideas
- Working closely with the relevant internal teams (distribution, trading, origination, etc.), as well as discussing and presenting investment ideas to external clients
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio positions Analysis of secondary credit opportunities
- Build cashflow models when necessary.
- Project impact of Investment Committee approved credit stresses on the cashflow, pricing, liquidity and rating of investment
- Depth of experience in corporate/leveraged finance/credit credit research skills gained on the buyside /investment banking
- Experience in analysing or modelling a variety of deal structures
- Experience and expertise discerning trends from large data sets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Team player who can adapt to changing priorities
- Communication skills- ability to establish relationships across firm
- High level of initiative, with strong integrity and ethics.
- Organized, detail oriented, with strong time management skills
- Minimum of 5-6 years of investment industry experience (investment management, debt capital markets, leveraged finance, credit research)
- Degree educated, ideally BA/MSc degree in Finance, or related area(s) of study
- CFA desired but not required
- Finance and accounting skills
- Preference for candidates with European language skills
Remuneration for this role is highly competitive and will be in line with candidate skills and experience