Fixed Income and Currency Sales - MARK - Shanghai - 20190131001
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Job Summary / Job Purpose/ Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities / Tasks
- Represent well as a global market product sales externally in the onshore China market and internally within the Societe Generale organization.
- Products to cover would be mainly FX products, mainly G7 currencies and other emerging market currencies (such as those One-Belt-One-Road currencies). Moreover, competencies in other global market products including rates and credit products would be also necessary, as the sales would be multi-tasking and required to support and back up other global market sales.
- The sales would trade on behalf of Societe Generale China and also potentially on behalf of Societe Generale head office with China financial institution clients within the framework as approved by regulators.
- Clients to cover would be Chinese financial institution clients and the sales needs to have good connection with the G7 FX desks of all major bank clients and sovereign entities.
- Good capability of developing new clients and relationship, including with banks, asset management companies, trust companies, leasing companies, etc, all over China.
- Being able to work closely with other global market sales onshore and offshore, within the regulatory/compliance framework
Preferred Candidate Profile/Skill Set
- 5-8 years of FX sales related experiences with the global market department of reputable banks; good knowledge of G7 FX businesses with Chinese bank clients
- Good understanding of the China financial institution businesses and good knowledge of FX products (G7 currencies and emerging market currencies)
- Good connection and established client relationship with the Chinese bank clients and other Chinese financial institutions.
- Sound understanding of different regulations that are relevant to the FX business
- Academic Background (degree and major): Bachelor or above degree in relevant majors such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics from reputable universities domestic and abroad
- Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how: 5-8 relevant experience depending on level
- Language Skills: Native in Mandarin and Fluent in English; French is a plus
- Computer Skill: Proficient user of dealing platforms such as Bloomberg, Reuters etc
- Professional Qualification (if applicable): CFA charter is preferred but not a must