Excel Expert and Financial Data Engineer
We’re a San Francisco-based private family office running a long/short hedge fund. Over our 20+ year history, we've developed robust quantitative data systems, and have an extraordinary track record .
We're looking for an engineer or mathematician to develop and maintain our internal data systems, reporting infrastructure, research/screening tools, and also to provide internal tech support.
- Work with data vendors, adapt our systems to changes, and maintain our linkages and APIs
- Oversee day-to-day operation of reporting infrastructure
- Maintain, update and quality-check our internal screens and reports
- Support reporting processes by producing, collating and organizing paper work flow
- Maintain and administer office technology (PCs, printers, network, services)
- Strong quantitative skills, high mathematical fluency and at least basic familiarity with financial ratios
- Deep understanding of Excel functions and tools, comfort with VBA programming and scripting within Excel
- Familiarity with using vendor APIs into Excel
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg data terminal and APIs
- Basic financial fluency: CFA Level 1 candidate or equivalent, familiarity with financial ratios
- Strong attention to numeric detail
We are a small, scrappy team, looking for someone to take the initiative and show strong ownership for the above functions. You will wear multiple hats (including "IT Manager", "Print Production Manager", "Tech Support", in addition to your primary role of Systems Manager.) Prefer motivated, "Type A" personality.