Senior Portfolio Administrator
About QV Investors
QV Investors is an employee-owned discretionary investment management firm managing portfolios on behalf of institutional and private clients. QV is committed to investing, supporting and empowering people. Founded in 1996, QV stands for “Quality” and “Value”, characteristics that resonate through the firm’s culture and investment principles.
A Senior Portfolio Administrator is dedicated to delivering excellent service to QV’s clients and Investment Counsellors. The role also entails a thorough understanding of investment regulations, compliance matters, and operational procedures.
- Delivering the best possible experience for clients with timely and accurate communication
- Responding to client requests, such as cash management and other routine requests
- Onboarding new private clients and institutional accounts
- Maintaining up-to-date client information and files
- Resolving custodian issues and providing oversight on custodian relationships
Support Investment Counsellors:
- Preparing portfolio reports and exhibits in advance of client meetings
- Assisting with ad-hoc client requests on a timely basis
- Participating in client meetings, taking detailed notes and following up with clients on outstanding matters and documentation
- Opportunity to assist Investment Counsellors in developing client investment strategies
- Working effectively with the Private Client group, striving for honest, direct and clear communication
- Being a mentor for other portfolio administrators
- Ensuring team consistency with established internal policies and procedures
- Recommending improvements to QV’s administrative and operational processes
- A genuine desire to help clients
- Dedicated to pursuing excellence, continuous improvement and self-leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of investment operations and custodian relationships
- Investment management knowledge
- At least five years of portfolio administration experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in business, accounting, economics, or finance
- Canadian Securities Course or similar qualification is considered an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Senior Portfolio Administrator”.
Your cover letter should discuss who you are, why you are interested in working at QV, and what you will bring to the QV team.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Further information about QV Investors Inc. can be seen on our website at www.qvinvestors.com.