SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The role is part of the Credit and Client Group based in Hong Kong. Reporting to the Head of Client and Credit Group (Corporate), Australia and Greater China in Hong Kong, you will provide balanced and objective credit assessments to business requests, and assume full analytical responsibility to support the overall credit approval process for target corporate clients.
Credit and Client Group is the analytical platform of Corporate and Investment Banking supporting front office by providing corporate counterparty risk assessment on a transversal basis and client facing as required.
Main Responsibilities (Your Role)
- Conduct first level credit analysis for corporate counterparts by preparing concise, critical and well argued credit proposals
- Recommend credit limits in a partnership relationship with marketers based on bank's risk appetite and client's credit profile
- Conduct periodic credit facility renewal and maintain clear and updated documentation in all credit files including financial statements, financial spreading, credit applications, validation records, internal and external correspondence
- Expedite and monitor the credit approval process by liaising with marketers and approval officers
- Review and assess client's credit risk rating at least annually, or as driven by special events, based on internal and external ratings and analytical tools
- Follow up and improve on audit and internal credit compliance issues
- Monitor credit exposure, concentration risk, verify data accuracy, credit commitment and outstanding
- Report significant business events, financial trends, industry developments and other relevant issues relating to financial position of clients
- Assist in special credit related assignments and projects as required
- Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university (MBA or other professional qualifications such as CFA is preferred)
- 5 to 8 years of solid experience in credit related work
- Corporate and commercial banking product knowledge, including corporate loans and structured financing
- Knowledge of capital market products including derivatives in treasury and commodity products, ISDA (International Swaps & Derivatives Association) /CSA (Credit Support Annex) documentation, trade finance, asset backed financing is a definite advantage
- Proficient in financial spreading, projection and handling credit application document
- Good command of both English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Sound knowledge of the regulatory and business environment of Australia and Greater China, especially in energy, commodities and transportation sectors
- Mature, self-learning, good communicator and co-operative work behavior to engage various stakeholders