Harding Loevner is seeking a Senior Editor to join our Content team and support the production of the firm’s written communications, including commentaries, magazine-style articles, white papers, responses to client questions, and other forms of content. The editor, who will report to the Chief Content Officer, will work closely with our investment and research team, helping to identify and sharpen ideas, themes, outlines, and drafts. In addition, the Senior Editor will serve as an on-staff journalist who interviews members of the research team, gathers additional material from outside sources, and synthesizes the information to produce magazine-style articles or white papers. The Senior Editor role requires a sophisticated editorial approach that includes challenging assertions and themes as well as the structure and logic of drafts. The position will involve significant rewriting and polishing, often on a tight deadline.
This role is suited for candidates who have:
- At least 10 years of professional writing and editing experience at a news organization, academic institution, corporation, or agency. At least half of that time will have been focused on economic, finance, or business topics.
- Experience gathering information from a variety of sources and synthesizing it into a high-quality narrative.
- Experience writing and editing long-form narratives.
- Skills in building and maintaining relationships across an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in—and succeed at—multiple editorial projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communications skills, including clearly and succinctly articulating complex ideas; actively listening to others; and knowing what questions to ask to maximize clarity and understanding.
- Comfort with a wide range of writing styles and an understanding of how the content needs to be reworked for specific audiences.
- An understanding of how business works from the perspective of an equity investor.
- A familiarity with the theory and practices of equity research and investing.
- An insatiable curiosity about finance and the role it plays in the world.
Harding Loevner LP does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. The company considers applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, genetic information, citizenship, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.