JB Financial, a subsidiary of the Jafferjee Brothers group is an independent and privately-owned investment management firm. Our unit trust operation was founded in 2011 and today manages over LKR 7bn in assets. We believe in putting our customers first and that we have a fiduciary responsibility towards them. JB Financial is regulated by the SEC of Sri Lanka and licensed to operate each of our unit trusts. Company is seeking suitably qualified candidates for the following position.
The portfolio assistant is responsible for providing administrative and analytical support to portfolio managers. The portfolio management team routinely engages in projects to develop investment policy, identify investment ideas to improve investment performance and to promote new client acquisition efforts.
- Analyzing and identifying potential investment opportunities and implementing investment decisions
- Monitoring daily cash flows and settlements
- Ensuring the portfolios adhere to regulatory and internal regulations
- Developing relationships with management teams, industry sources, and trustee/custodian service providers
- Preparing monthly portfolio performance reports and competitor analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field with a strong track record of academic achievement
- Pursuit of CFA designation is highly encouraged
- General knowledge of capital markets
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel; experience with Bloomberg is desirable
- Ability to cooperate in a team environment
All applicants should send their curriculum vitae to Nuwan Samarawickrama at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Application – Portfolio Assistant’. We will begin reviewing applicants immediately and continuously until the position is filled.