Regulatory Reporting, Associate Manager
Associate Manager, Regulatory Solutions
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Regulatory Reporting, a vertical within the Regulatory Solutions Group is a dynamic team that specialises in designing and delivering new analytical and regulatory reporting products for clients - primarily Form PF, CPO-PQR, AIFMD Annex IV and Solvency II. The team's model is to apply technical analytical expertise to data, existing as an input or output for other line of business areas or external data providers, to efficiently meet client and regulatory requirements.
Our Regulatory Reporting team works across a wide range of product types in the Hedge Fund/Asset Management space, and interacts with the full spectrum of middle and back office functions at SS&C GlobeOp. There is a significant project-based nature to the work which involves working closely with developers in order to constantly improve systems and keep them compliant in the face of an evolving regulatory environment.Resultantly a significant part of the team's function is to provide specifications that can make sense from a technical and business perspective.Further, such products need to be explained clearly and comprehensively in meetings with clients, prospects and other teams within the company.
The person will be expected to:
- Be a fast learner, able to pick up and understand new requirements seamlessly and adapt quickly to new approaches and technologies within the regulatory environment.
- Work proactively to develop and implement new logical treatments of new interpretations within the regulatory and analytics space.
- Meet challenging deadlines with high-quality deliverables and be accountable for those deliverables.
- Adapt to work on several projects in parallel.
- Work independently and professionally on strategic goals for the team and the company.
- Establish a network of positive working relationships with members of other teams across locations and leverage this to achieve goals.
- Be responsible for regulatory submissions and maintain appropriate information for progress reporting to head of department and senior management.
- Find solutions to analytical problems independently.
- Communicate product information and reporting progress clearly and confidently to team members, management, peers and clients.
- Contribute to the ideas-based culture of the team, by suggesting possible new projects, or new (improved) approaches to existing projects.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant, good quality experience in the finance industry. Such as working in; investment banking, asset management or financial services
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- University degree
- Professional qualification desirable e.g. IMC | CFA | CIMA | ACCA etc
- Strong understanding of capital markets products (especially Fixed Income and Derivatives)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Composed, experienced and professional in client interaction
- A logical mind, capable of implementing and improving structured processes
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex analytical problems
- Demonstrable experience of tailoring solutions to meet specific requirements, and subsequently attempting to automate
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.