Associate Investment Analyst
The Associate Investment Analyst is an investment management professional that works directly with other Investment Analyst(s) and Portfolio Manager(s) to provide analytical support to the investment philosophy/process of GuideStone Capital Management (GSCM) related to the management of GuideStone Funds (comprised of 15 Select Funds, four target risk funds and five target date funds) and other public market strategies.
This position is primarily a research position that supports other senior level Investment Analysts. This person would be expected to attain a basic understanding of the body of knowledge necessary for effective research and portfolio management efforts in a manager-of-managers program. This position would also be responsible for other day-to-day requirements such as, but not limited to, performance reporting across the investment platform.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
GSCM, in general, utilizes a multi-manager approach in the management of the Select Funds. The Select Funds are used as the “building blocks” for the target risk funds (the “Asset Allocation Funds”) and target date funds (the “MyDestination Funds”).
- Maintain advanced application skills on all analytical tools to support the investment management process.
- Conduct thorough research on sub-advisers and funds in assigned areas.
- Assist in the calculation and maintenance of sub-adviser rankings within proprietary ranking system.
- Identify capital market information and all other factors that influence sub-adviser and fund performance.
- Assist in the preparation of sub-adviser mandates/guidelines.
- Maintain working relationship with each sub-adviser under assignment for the purpose of facilitating ongoing portfolio management, including routine portfolio management items, information request, reporting, meeting coordination, etc.
- Have knowledge of cash flow and liquidity status of each Select Fund assigned.
- Assist in sub-adviser transition efforts.
- Oversee sub-adviser and fund-level performance across the investment platform.
- Maintain relationships with peer universe providers such as Lipper and Morningstar.
- Understand ranking methodologies of peer universe providers.
- Reconcile calculations / performance of peer universes versus internal information.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Masters Degree, or working towards preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or working towards preferred.
- Good PC skills including spreadsheet and research/portfolio management applications.
- At least 2 year in the investment industry or some related industry.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to investment managers, internal staff, investment consultants, and third-party vendors.
- Ability to conduct independent research and develop well thought-out conclusions/recommendations.
- Thorough understanding of various investment vehicles, strategies and terminology.
- Understanding of quantitative evaluation methods and statistical measures necessary for thorough investment analysis and performance measurement. Understanding of investment philosophies and processes.