IFS B2 Compliance Officer - French Speaker
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone. BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within Group Compliance, Group Financial Security (GFS)’s mission is to supervise and coordinate the organization and implementation of the control framework designed to prevent corruption, money-laundering and financing of terrorism, to comply with embargoes and international financial sanctions and to protect customers’ interests at the Group Level. To this end, BNP Paribas has set up a comprehensive filtering process of its SWIFT and SEPA messages, based on a centralized platform (SHINE). The alert management framework is organized in 4 levels to screen and process alerts triggered on payments: A, B1, B2 and C.
The role is within the third level of the alert management framework – Level B2. The Level B investigates alerts escalated by the first level (Level A), elimination false obvious hits. Level B2, which is under Compliance’s responsibility, take a decision on either to release, reject/block or escalate to Level C based on the investigation and supporting documents prepared by Level B1, which is local Back-office in most cases.
For IFS entities, Level B2 Hub in Lisbon will provide coverage across EMEA for: International Retail Banking (Burkina Faso, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kosovo, Mali, Morocco, Poland, Senegal, Tunisia, Ukraine) Wealth Management (Jersey, Monaco, Spain), and Personal Finance (Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary).
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Handle alerts investigated by the Level B1 in accordance with policies and procedures. Level B2, which is under Compliance’s responsibility, will make a decision either to release, reject/block or escalate to the third level of the framework based on the investigation and supporting documents prepared by Level B1
- Keep updated on developments on sanctions, embargoes and related KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations
- Implement sanctions monitoring standards in line with Regional policies, country specificities, procedures and guideline
- Responsible for the production of services consisting of Level B2 review of Level B1 analysis and supporting document to make a decision to release, block/reject or escalate according to the procedure in place; The role is performed:
- By securing the appropriate systems, procedures and resources to perform the service
- By closely monitoring the delivery of service and taking all necessary actions required to meet quality standards
- By reporting incidents and/or oversight with comprehensive detail
- Master degree or bachelors degree in Finance, Management or similar area
- Minimum 3 years in another position in banking industry either in Operations / Back Office or in Compliance is mandatory
- Fluent in French and English (both oral and written communication)
- Good knowledge of products/services offer by a bank to CIB clients
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Standard / Permanent
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
At least 3 years