Equity Research Associate - Homebuilding & Building Products Sectors
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19006226
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Research is seeking a Senior Associate for the Homebuilding & Building Products sectors based at its New York City office. The Senior Associate will be responsible for:
• Creating, updating and maintaining company models, company valuation, and industry databases
• Preparing industry/company reports and preparing written material including insightful industry pieces on a regular basis
• Performing regular tasks promptly and providing regular reports to the analyst including analysis of periodically released industry statistics, sector news, etc.
• Handling ad hoc client requests, often to deadlines
• Interacting with company managements and providing market information to institutional clients.
The position demands natural intellectual curiosity and is a demanding role that typically requires long hours, strong communication skills, the flexibility to handle multiple research assignments simultaneously, a passion for in-depth analysis and stock picking, generating creative research ideas and the ability to write clear and concise research notes. The ideal candidate will also need to be able to prioritize and work well under pressure, as daily news flow and unplanned projects arise frequently. Ability to work well with other team members based in the New York and Buffalo offices is also essential.
The ideal candidate will have at least an undergraduate degree with 1 to 3+ years of work experience in financial analysis, accounting, investment research, valuation, money management, consulting, or investment banking.
• The successful candidate for this position must have excellent writing, mathematical, spreadsheet and computer skills; further, the candidate should be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• The candidate should be a "self-starter"; who can work both independently if the analyst is traveling or as part of a team.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
• The ability to quickly pick up new systems and data programs is essential.
• A working knowledge of accounting and experience in building financial models is needed.
• Progress toward MBA, CFA, securities licensing and professional development are also a plus.
• Work experience and knowledge of Homebuilding & Building Products stocks is a significant candidate benefit, but not required