Fixed Income Performance Analyst - 12 month Contract position
My client has grown to be one of the most innovative and successful UK asset managers, winning industry recognition for their investment capabilities across a wide range of alternative investment strategies including fixed income, specialist equities, multi asset and absolute return. Innovation is key to the development of their investment capability. This role is to provide 'value-added' performance solutions to a wide variety of technically diverse and "smart" stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- My client is a very progressive, entrepreneurial and market leading alternative investment manager with a Global footprint
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Working within a technical and front office focused Performance Measurement focused team, this role will offer the right candidate really positive career development opportunities as it offers unparalleled front office exposure
- The Head of Performance is a very inspirational "leader" and is fantastic at developing his staff and providing them with career progression opportunities that are very hard to find elsewhere. He is definitely one of the huge selling points for this role
- My client's alternative fund range is very varied and incorporates investment into a wide range of asset classes including fixed income, cash equities, credit, derivatives (both OTC and ETC) etc.. i.e. very "multi-asset" in flavour
- The specific performance measurement work is a little unusual compared to the typical "reporting" nature of performance analytics at other asset managers. Even if you have strong performance attribution experience you will find that whilst useful, there will still remain a huge amount of personal and professional development within this role
- Provide detailed explanations to fund managers on performance numbers
- Ensure that queries are investigated appropriately and resolved satisfactorily within specified timeframes.
- Foster and maintain successful relationships between the team, its stakeholders and the outsourced providers.
- Maintain strong and regular contact with fixed income fund managers. Building trust and strong relationships with the fund managers and fixed income product specialists is key to the success of this role.
- Pro-active analysis and monitoring of performance results to identify issues and sources of success.
- Please note this list is not exhaustive and you will be required to undertake further tasks in order to ensure business needs are met
- You will have a strong record of academic achievement and possess a demonstrable numerical ability
- It is likely that you will have completed or be undertaking relevant professional qualifications including the IMC, CAIA or CFA
- You must have fixed-income attribution experience (at least 1-2 years)
- Experience of an attribution system is required. My client uses MSCI BarraOne
- Culturally my client is looking to hire individuals that have a high level of emotional intelligence and a hard work ethic
- Similarly, very strong communication skills are essential with a proven ability to work with, and, add-value to a wide range of demanding internal stakeholders including investment, marketing, sales and product focused teams - this is a high profile role with a lot of internal visibility
- Possess excellent organizational and prioritisation skills
- An ability to maintain and foster relationships outside of normal reporting lines required.
- Strong team player who is able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills, and, who operates with professionalism, honesty and integrity at all time