Culture for Growth
Are you looking for a chance to be a large part of a small team and prove yourself on the way to achieving your career goals in investment management? The six-person Zeo team is seeking a hardworking, self-motivated and energetic professional who wants to take an active role in the firm’s collective success.
Zeo Capital Advisors is a traditional financial firm with untraditional start-up momentum, ambition and culture. Zeo is a “low floor, high ceiling” workplace for someone who is resourceful, wants to contribute and is eager to learn. Zeo manages $360 million in fixed income assets across a mutual fund and separately managed accounts, with innovative products and services on the horizon to accelerate the firm’s growth.
Zeo is a culture of:
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Wit; humor; and fun.
Opportunity for Impact
Zeo takes a deeply fundamental approach to selecting investments across corporate credit (with an emphasis on high yield). This is an opportunity for an individual with the intangibles necessary to excel as a generalist competing with specialists. Our portfolio approach is highly-selective, and every investment has a noticeable impact on the outcome of the portfolio. Our credit research is risk-based: We identify risks and focus our research and analysis on quantifying and evaluating those risks. We say no to potential investments many times more than we say yes. We learn first and act second. We think qualitatively and quantitatively, and we value risk metrics above all. We take seriously the responsibility of preserving our clients’ capital. As a member of Zeo’s investment team, you will be based in San Francisco and will work directly with the firm’s Chief Investment Officer to:
- Value assets and businesses underlying potential investments;
- Build financial models to evaluate the creditworthiness of corporate debt issuers;
- Perform industry-level competitive analysis;
- Communicate directly with companies, other analysts and trading counterparties; and
- Engage with other team members to further the operational and marketing efforts of the firm.
Qualifications for Success
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience building financial models and analyzing debt covenants
- Previous audit, transaction services or M&A experience preferred
- Exposure to bankruptcy code and capital markets a plus
- Organized and detail oriented
- Flexible, humble, with a willingness to learn and ability to switch gears quickly
- CFA a plus; Series 65 exam will be required after starting