Associate Client Portfolio Manager
Our client is looking for someone who provides the highest level of client care, is passionate about relationship building, and is experienced in providing counsel to high-net-worth clients on a wide range of wealth management situations.
As a member of the Client Portfolio Management Team, you are seeking to become a registered Client Portfolio Manager within 36 months and will build a book of business under the supervision of an assigned Client Portfolio Manager. You will be given the opportunity to learn from a seasoned team of experienced professionals that have managed private client relationships for over 20 years and over time, you will be allocated client relationships from an existing client base.
While this role will involve an allocation of an existing client base, the expectation is for significant individual business development with the support of the team. The first year will entail focusing on business development and learning under the guidance of the team to ensure you are well prepared to manage client relationships and able to grow the business.
- Create and execute a business development plan with the help of a Client Portfolio Manager.
- Allocate 50% of your time to business development activities for the first two years of this role.
- Able to execute on business development pillars and achieve new asset targets.
- Develop authentic relationships with clients by providing personalized & exceptional care, and leverage the results through effective client referrals.
- Show curiosity for learning as it relates to the firm’s investment process and how the team makes investment decisions.
- Effectively communicate the firm’s unique investment philosophy ensuring that clients feel comfortable and understand their investment program.
- Ongoing monitoring and management of client portfolios and asset allocation, primarily utilizing the company’s seven Investment Pools.
- Effective collaboration with the marketing & communications team to ensure proactive and successful client and business development communication and initiatives.
- A passion for asset gathering through various proprietary approaches and distribution channels.
- A proven track record of successfully building relationships with clients.
- Experience with being successful in business development.
- Strong client service and communication skills, commensurate with the expectations of high-net-worth clients.
- Knowledge of investment products, portfolio management, and asset allocation.
- Graduation from university.
- Registration with IIROC as a Registered Representative, or ability to fulfill this expectation within 6 months of date of hire. This involves completion of the required licensing courses; Canadian Securities Course, and the Conduct and Practices Course – both administered by the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Industry certificated, such as the CIM or CFA are an asset, however, full completion is not required.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors