Wealth Product Analyst - Calgary or Edmonton
Who are we?
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Creating happiness and doing things other banks wouldn’t do. That’s ATB Wealth.
ATB Wealth is the wealth management division of ATB Financial. Our team of advisors have a passion for listening to the needs of their clients; a desire to develop trusting relationships through smart, simple and helpful investment advice; and a commitment to helping Albertans live the life they want to live. We believe in creating a feedback-oriented environment that is dedicated to personal and professional development while providing learning and growth
Who you are:
Organized. Team player. Connector. You are a strong administrator with amazing time management and administration skills. Not only do you deliver amazing client experiences to everyone you meet, but you also work proactively to ensure your internal clients are taken care of. You enjoy building strong relationships with those around you, and expanding your internal work within the organization. You are comfortable in a rapidly-changing environment that fosters collaboration, learning and innovation. You understand the importance that technology plays in the workplace today and you are eager to leverage those skills to get the job done. You are ambitious and eager to excel your skills and knowledge, as well as your career.
Wealth Product Analyst
The Wealth Product Analyst (WPA) is a key member of the Wealth Solutions team, who will leverage their investment research background, to write and edit wealth planning (financial, tax, estate and insurance planning) and investment content that supports client interactions and conversations. ATB Wealth considers investment content a strategic asset that can increase brand awareness and educate clients to help them become better investors.
The WPA will be able to provide differentiated perspectives, for different audiences in order for them to make informed investment decisions. The WPA is able to generate actionable insights through metrics and insights that help to distill, refine and amplify the effectiveness of existing and new messaging.
Through research and insight, the WPA will also develop messaging on behalf of a wide variety of related fund and sales strategies supporting a variety of business objectives for ATB wealth.
The individual will collaborate with various individuals in investment management, product specialists, compliance, learning and coaching as well as advisory services, to achieve effective content outputs that feature the benefits of ATB Wealth’s investing philosophy and wealth planning expertise.
Key Accountabilities (What/How):
Conduct research on investment and financial products, markets and economic events.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including ability to perform simple mathematical calculations or analyses and accurately proofreading documents.
- Proficiency interpreting statistical information and the ability to translate/synthesize data and research to support written commentaries.
- An analytical thinker, utilizes critical thinking to solve problems and to look at issues from multiple perspectives.
- Solid, proven understanding of investment products and industry; in-depth knowledge of the firm’s products and the overall industry
The core focus includes writing, reviewing and editing:
- Scheduled, recurring commentary deliverables
- The complex or high-profile commentary deliverables (e.g., portfolio managers, firm-wide market response pieces, newsletters, topic pieces, market overviews).
- Serve as an subject matter expert for business partners.
- Ensuring copy complies with corporate standards, effectively communicates desired message, and meets project deadlines/specifications.
- Write and route initial content for scheduled, recurring monthly, quarterly and other periodic investment commentary for multiple audience types: mass market, mass affluent, high networth, advisors, institutional, and end-client use.
A certain level of creativity to tie financial concepts, and research to a client digestible manner.
- Develop written content across a range of media including sales literature, articles, whitepapers, presentations, infographics, core website copy, landing pages, banner content, video and audio (scripted and unscripted) and email copy.
- Drive design thinking, creativity and a digital-first mindset in the production of core content assets.
- Close collaboration with creative design
- Assist in managing end to end development of content from initiation through to editing and writing, approvals, production, compliance and publication.
- Support investment-team members through their own content-development and writing efforts using editorial disciplines.
- 5 years successful writing experience in the financial services industry, preferably in asset management firm
- Bachelor degree in communications, marketing, business, economics or related field of study
- Experience as a investment research analyst considered an asset
- Experience in client-facing roles a plus
- CFA designation (Charter Financial Analyst) is considered an asset
- Willingness to be accredited with the Certified Financial Planning designation
- Exposure to multiple product vehicles and client types (e.g., Institutional, and Retail) a plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., portfolio management, sales, communications, marketing, compliance, legal, creative services, investment committee).
- Capabilities include experiences that combines content writing and research, with a demonstrated understanding of financial concepts.
- Analytical and critical thinker
- A desire to connect through research and content to help make better investors.
- Strong belief in diversified investment portfolios and a ‘manager-of-manager’ approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of the investment management industry, portfolio concepts, financial planning, and tax and wealth transfer.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as the ability to work autonomously without direct supervision.
- Solid, proven understanding of investment products and industry.
- Ability to in-depth knowledge of the firm’s products and the overall industry
- Demonstrates success in adhering to schedules, multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail, organization of materials.
- Creative ability to conceptualize original ideas for thought leadership initiatives
- May provide guidance to more junior staff to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery, but has no formal supervisory responsibility.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint/Google Slides competency and strong overall technology skills.
WORKING WITH ATB
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow.
ATB has been named one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers by Report on Business Magazine, one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Top Employers for Young People and Alberta’s Top 50 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. As well, Alberta Venture magazine named ATB Financial Alberta’s Most Respected Corporation in the area of corporate social responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
If you're application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Please click on the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.