Private Markets Investment Associate Director
The Private Markets Investment Associate Director is responsible for assisting the Private Markets Investment Director in developing and implementing debt and equity investment strategies involving private equity, hedge funds, real assets, and other investments in the private market space for the purpose of providing meaningful diversification and yield enhancement of the company`s investment mix. This position entails independence and judgmental latitude, and requires extensive interaction with a wide assortment of industry professionals including lawyers, placement agents, accountants, investment and mortgage bankers, brokers, appraisers, environmental consultants, surveyors, title companies, and insurance agents. This position is subject to investment constraints identified by the Finance Committee, Investment Vice President, and Private Markets Investment Director.
Deal Sourcing (30%)
- Prepares and implements business development plans. May represent the company at annual partnership meetings, conferences, and industry events to expand and maintain a productive network of investment deal flow.
- Serves as the primary contact person for designated areas within the Alternative Investment portfolio for screening inquiries, rejecting those which clearly do not meet investment objectives.
- Monitors existing portfolios for new investment opportunities.
- Analyzes merits of an investment opportunity relative to Private Markets Investments policy statement.
- Conducts due diligence as required on investment opportunities that warrant further consideration.
- Evaluates and summarizes underwriting results, rejecting those opportunities that represent an unacceptable risk.
Investment Structuring / Negotiation (15%)
- Prepares agreements reflecting initial understanding of negotiated investment terms for consideration by the director.
- Prepares investment recommendations for consideration by the director, Investment Vice President, and Finance Committee.
- In consultation with legal counsel, drafts customized agreements for review and execution by the director and negotiates changes as appropriate to accommodate responses of counterparties.
- Works with legal counsel to review agreements to assure conformity of final documents with earlier agreements.
- Monitors compliance with pre-closing conditions and coordinates completion of outstanding items with legal counsel and investment counterparties.
- Prepares investment data for input into portfolio management and accounting systems.
Portfolio Management (5%)
- Creates, updates, and monitors computer databases pertaining to investment securities for compliance with agreements, collateral filings, and negotiating changes as appropriate.
- Coordinates with the director the company`s response to security amendments, non-compliance, defaults, and other post-closing issues.
- Participates in negotiations for security agreement restructurings and drafts Finance Committee recommendations, agreements, and correspondence therefore.
- Helps prepare reports for Finance Committee, rating services, and audits.
- Prepares portfolio reports and conducts valuation of securities and portfolios as requested.
Department Assignments (5%)
- Supervises the work of administrative staff of the Private Markets Investments Department assigned by the director to work on development and management of the various portfolios.
- Maintains an awareness of current developments in private markets investment with particular reference to economic, geographic, legal, regulatory, and information systems.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience creating financial models and performing cash flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing investment opportunities.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of capital markets, particularly as it relates to private market asset classes.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of computer applications related to investment and portfolio management.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors