Senior Associate ( Investment Compliance )
Title :Senior Associate
Level : 320
Business Line: FRFA
Work Location: Bangalore
Process Name: Post Trade Investment Compliance
Reportees (If Any): No
Shifts (in IST)
6:00 PM IST to 3:00 AM IST \ 7:00 PM IST to 4:00 AM IST
Contract / Permanent: Permanent
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
About Business Line
The purpose of the job is to provide end-to-end support to investment company (Mutual Fund) clients & their Compliance teams by sharing, primarily, meaningful insights about the funds ability to comply with (i) SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) requirements and (ii) investment guidelines stated in the Prospectus/Statement of Additional Information (SAI).
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Onboarding of new clients for investment compliance by understanding the client requirements, interpreting the prospectus / investment mandate and extracting compliance restrictions to create a compliance rule matrix.
- Liaise with clients to obtain additional information that may be necessary from time to time to code compliance matrix into the compliance system.
- Perform annual review of compliance rules in the matrix by comparing them against updated prospectuses/SAIs.
- Research ad-hoc queries from compliance reporting team to determine if client portfolio is in line with the investment guidelines
- Liaise with coding team for maintenance of rules in the system to ensure accurate daily and monthly compliance reporting is disseminated to clients.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Investment compliance to translate client requirements into actionable items for internal teams and work with internal teams. (For example, changes related to how a particular derivative should be treated for Derivative Coverage testing or CFTC Testing or IRC)
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes as needed
- Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and improvises Operating procedures where they do not fall in line with the process
- Ensures timely resolution of issues while keeping management informed of any potential issues.
- Responsible for performing daily processes accurately and in accordance with defined time frames and client requirements. May have daily contact with Client Service, Client Management, COEs and Business Unit (BU) Shared Service teams
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Participates on projects or committees within the department and/or with BU Shared Services, COEs and Client Operations teams.
Skills & Knowledge
Qualification & Certifications
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related programs
- Overall experience of 5+ years in Fund Administration or related work.
- Investment compliance monitoring or coding experience is a must. (Pre or post-trade investment compliance)
- Certifications: Candidates pursuing FRM (Financial Risk Manager by GARP) / CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) / CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) are preferred, but certification is not a must for the role
Primary Skills (Must Have)
- Good knowledge of U.S. Investment Companies Act of 1940 or UCITS
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze investment guidelines and policies to determine testing requirements
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Exposure to Charles River Development (CRD)
- Coding in Visual Basic Applications (VBA)
More searches like this
- Compliance/Regulatory Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors