Valuation Control Specialist / Associate Manager - Walk-in drive on 23 Feb 2019
The main function of this role will be to independently assess the valuation of all assets and liabilities within Financial Markets business. Additional responsibilities would be the calculation and assessment of market and model reserves in light of known model deficiencies.
- Responsible for the independent valuation at month-end of all assets and liabilities using multiple external vendor services pricing.
- Providing timely information to the relevant product controller on the impacts to their books.
- Conducting reviews of significant deals
- Calculation and analysis of reserves.
- Analysis of model deficiencies.
- Production of monthly pack which clearly states the over or undervaluation as compared to front office.
- Review and implement Independent Pricing methodologies.
- Ensure ALL trades are marked to fair value.
- Identify pricing issues for complex derivative trades.
- Contributed to a first class finance / Valuation Control division, which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
- Driving closer alignment between Product Control and Valuation control.
- Positioning of Valuation Control as a more business focused function with a strong understanding of the business and its drivers.
- A strong internal control environment, which will ensure the business continues to grow in a stable and well controlled manner.
- Strong sense of integrity and financial independence is required.
- Detailed product knowledge, fully conversant with industry and accounting issues, valuation techniques, liquidity and risk issues etc.