Chief Financial Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking leader with significant financial management experience, to join our Post Acute Partners/Elderwood Administrative Services team as the Chief Financial Officer. We are growing rapidly through acquisitions and need a strategic and innovative team player to drive our continued growth and success. This position reports to the CEO and is located in Buffalo, NY.
Elderwood was founded in 1978 and provides administrative and other support services to skilled nursing, assisted living, and independent living facilities in western, central, and northern New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Pennsylvania. We are part of a larger group of health care companies owned by Post Acute Partners which currently employs nearly 5,000 employees. This is an Enterprise level position with responsibility for all Post Acute Partners companies.
Our employees are important members of the health care team at Elderwood/Post Acute Partners. Our goal is to provide residents with the finest care possible. We work together as a team and continually seek excellence in our organizational performance.
We offer our team members:
- Excellent benefits packages (including relocation expenses) Competitive salaries An opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve
This is an enterprise role and a key member of the executive leadership team who will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. Executes both short- and long-term financial management plans/strategies which will enable the organization to maximize the potential of its financial resources to meet ongoing changes in the health care industry and achieve organizational objectives. The Chief Financial Officer will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for Accounting, Finance, Revenue Cycle, Payroll, Purchasing, Managed Care Contracting, Audit, and Treasury/Cash Management. The role will have overall financial accountability and reporting for all business lines.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance and Accounting functions of the organization.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions that impact the organization.
- Provide leadership for the continuous development and evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Drive decisions throughout the organization using key performance indicator reports, metrics and analysis compiled by working closely with Operations.
- Ensure that the finance group provides the senior leadership team and business unit owners with timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and review all aspects of monthly financial statements for the businesses.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives of the business units to assist in identifying their financial needs and the full range of solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of proposed business activities.
- Ensure that internal controls are in place to manage compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide protection for organization assets, establishing and maintaining adequate internal controls and auditing procedures and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Be the lead person overseeing the due diligence and integration of acquisitions
- Oversee and make recommendations when necessary on purchasing and equipment financing.
- Manage cost reporting.
- Oversee payroll for of all the businesses.
- Oversee all billing and accounts receivables (revenue cycle).
- Oversee all aspects of cash management for the businesses, including cash forecasts.
- Directly oversee the Pharmacy and Pediatric divisions of the organization.
- Coordinate with the Portfolio Management group.
- Select, develop, lead, and mentor a high performance accounting and finance team, providing necessary training and development as part of continued career advancement within the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with Co-CEO direct
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting; Masters in Accounting or Business preferred.
- CPA required.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible Finance/Accounting leadership in a Long Term Care or closely related organization. Previous CFO or Vice President level experience strongly preferred. 7+ years of demonstrated management experience. Advanced finance and accounting skills with a proven track record of running a large multi-site long term care organization. Proven hands-on financial, strategic, and operational planning, budgeting, decision support, and revenue development experience. Experience in M&A highly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate analyses. The ability to lead with a high degree of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, highly complex environment. Knowledge and some level of proficiency in Medicare / Medicaid cost reimbursement and reporting preferred. Strong PC skills, including experience using Microsoft Office. Vendor contract and relationship management skills. Strong and decisive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills. Well-honed strategic thinking, leadership, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiating skills. Exceptional detail-orientation, problem solving and analytical skills. A collaborative management style with the ability to work well internally and with investors and other outside business partners. Ability to create financial business models and objectives with a well-balanced emphasis on profitability and patient care. Strong sense of urgency, a high degree of initiative, and the ability to lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams. Be proactive in exploring new opportunities for the company to generate revenue and create the best health care facility in the industry, while always keeping a close eye on controlling expenses. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other senior leadership and business managers.