Associate Client Portfolio Manager, NH
Wealth Management Team
Associate Client Portfolio Manager – New Hampshire
The Associate Client Portfolio Manager will manage and advise individual client portfolios across global equities and bonds based on recommendations of the team of securities analysts and the asset allocation committee. The role will support Senior Client Portfolio Managers, but will progress to autonomous management for an assigned set of clients over time. This position will be New Hampshire based and rotate across our Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth offices, and the surrounding regions. Primary office location is negotiable based on best fit candidate.
There are three other investment colleagues based in NH, including two Senior Portfolio Managers. There are also several relationship management and wealth management colleagues across the three NH offices who often partner with this role in serving clients.
The majority of the Wealth Management team of 50+ people is based in downtown Boston. This position will stay in close contact with Boston colleagues and regularly attend Boston-based meetings by phone, video or in-person.
The role will participate and/or lead portions of technology and communication processes related to investment side of client experience (e.g., trading software, portfolio management software, data management, performance analysis, etc.). The Associate Client PM will also contribute to research process and projects, as needed.
- Communicates with assigned set of clients to ascertain investment objectives and constraints, establishes appropriate asset allocation, recommends and implements strategy, and reviews performance. Clients are typically smaller or newer client relationships that ideally can grow with the Associate Portfolio Manager over time.
- Develops and recommends asset allocation across equities, fixed income, and other asset classes according to policy targets and risk/return objectives for an assigned set of client portfolios.
- Develops and executes long-term strategic and tactical plans to meet client objectives.
- Collaborates with and receives mentoring from Senior Client Portfolio Managers.
- Works with Relationship Managers on trust, estate, and financial planning issues for assigned clients.
- Assists in new business development process by participating on investment presentations to individuals and institutional prospects. Goal is to expand personal client list over time.
- Participates and/or leads portions of technology and communication processes related to the investment side of client experience (e.g., trading software, portfolio management software, data management, performance analysis, etc.).
- Maintains knowledge of other asset classes and awareness of cross asset class relative value for overall portfolio construction.
- Participates in peer review of asset allocation and individual internal security recommendations.
- Participates in periodic analysis of external managers, funds, or exchange traded funds (ETFs) to supplement portfolios.
- Contributes to research process around asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk management, relative value across sectors/regions, and macro research, as needed.
- Monitors and analyzes economic releases, corporate earnings, and other market data.
- Attends various investment meetings, industry conferences, and broker/analyst/company meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field.
- CFA designation or other advanced certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an investment related role.
- Strong knowledge of global markets, economics, and portfolio construction
- Comfortable in front of clients, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with trading systems, performance reporting systems, and data analysis skills preferred.
- Analytical and technical skills including experience with Bloomberg, FactSet and/or BondEdge.
- Ability to collaborate, debate, and work in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to participate on investment, managerial, or administrative committees and projects, as appropriate.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned set of clients.
- Thoughtful fiduciary and risk management perspectives.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.
- Moderate travel throughout Northeast, as needed.
- Occasional national travel to meet clients or attend conferences.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors