Director of Investor Relations
Global water shortages and water pollution are relentlessly increasing while existing infrastructure is wearing out. Decentralized treatment is the most cost- and time-efficient way to address these needs. Fluence is a full-scale global water and wastewater treatment provider, which focuses on the decentralized treatment market with a range of proprietary products and solutions. Fluence, headquartered in White Plains, NY, saw its revenues grow from US$58M in 2017 to circa $100M in 2018. Publicly listed on the Australian ASX market, Fluence boasts a global share register with >50% of its stock held by major US financial institutions. The company anticipates listing on a New York market in the near-term. The successful candidate will play a key role in achieving this listing and ensuring its subsequent success.
Reporting to Fluence CEO, lead global investor relations strategy as agreed with the CEO and the Board including:
- Defining and evolving core Fluence investor messaging
- Achieving connected, coherent, consistent investor messaging across all media and in-person
- Defining and managing all press releases, investor communications, presentations, web and social media presence as it relates to investor relations, investor videos & quarterly conference call scripts
- Meeting & speaking with professional investors, analysts and prospective investors, both proactively and reactively
- Developing and maintaining active relationships with investment bankers, financial analysts, and other investment market influencers in regions relevant to Fluence, especially North America, Europe, Australia, and China
- Understand when, what and how best to communicate with shareholders and other influencers
- Organize shareholder and investor events including speaking at investment conferences, webinars, AGMs and similar
- Play a key role in deciding how and to what extent members of Fluence are involved in investor communications including CEO, CFO, Chairman, and other key staff and Board members. Ability to closely coordinate this with CEO & Chairman as needed.
- Achieving positive market reaction to Fluence investor communications including share price appreciation and trading volume
- Adding new shareholders, especially in the US, and achieving increased ownership of existing shareholders
- Growing investor & financial community knowledge of Fluence’s business, strategy and reported financial performance as evidenced by third party surveys, third party research or incoming communications and respected trade journals
- Demonstrated success in Fluence punching above its weight in an investor context, such as third party reports which compare Fluence favorably to much larger competitors.
- Co-Lead in content development for and targeted distribution of the company’s quarterly investor Newsletter
Mandatory requirements include compliance with all Fluence policies including all applicable disclosure regulations and policies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management role in investor relations in a US public company or successful analyst background with strong communication skills.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, finance or similar
- Strong understanding of typical public-company investor concerns
- Proven ability to understand and remember key company financial metrics
- Strong understanding of US & international capital market dynamics
- Ability to deeply and quickly understand Fluence’s business in terms which matter to investors
- Strong rolodex in the US investment community including institutional investors, bankers and analysts, including strong references from these sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in person, on camera and via phone; strong command of the English language
- Ability to command respect while building active, interactive relationships with shareholders and members of the financial community
- Strong reputation for honesty and integrity
- Charismatic, likeable personality
- Strong, proven ability to open the door with investors and other influencers including cold calling and “working the room” at investment conferences, shareholder meetings and other events.
- Investment banking or brokerage experience a plus
- Foreign languages a plus, especially Mandarin.