EMEA Operational Due Diligence and Monitoring Consultant
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions' market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our clients' unique needs every step of the way.
About the Role
Your impact as a Operational Due Diligence and Monitoring Consultant:
- Responsibilities will include all aspects of business and operational due diligence (“ODD”) on funds in which our clients invest their money. Strategies covered include: Equities, Fixed Income, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Property and Infrastructure.
- Review all DDQs and supporting documentation for fund managers (offering documents, IMA's, financial statements, ADV, valuation policy, compliance manuals, service provider agreements, risk reports and other relevant documents).
- Carry out on-site visits to managers and follow up work as necessary to identify business and operational risks that might negatively affect a client's investment.
- Produce detailed ODD reports following visits, advising the Investment Manager Research team and senior management of findings as appropriate.
- The role also offers the opportunity to engage with clients and prospects regarding Aon's ODD process, both on a general and manager/fund specific basis.
- Perform ODD reviews on service providers such as Administrators and Custodians.
- Take part in the iterative improvement of the ODD process and questionnaires being used.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Candidates are expected to have experience in an ODD role.
- Knowledge of all major asset classes including Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Property including trading, valuation and reconciliation issues and best practices of the industry.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to present succinct findings and necessary actions from complex monitoring work.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments, while adhering to deadlines and group standards.
- University under-graduate degree (or equivalent).
- Team player.
- Proactive and self-starter.
- Positive, ‘can do' attitude.
- Tenacious and determined to find root cause of issues.
- Naturally inquisitive nature and interest in pursuing answers to anomalous situations.
- Investment qualification(s) such as CFA or CAIA are desired.
- Candidates will be expected to travel within in the EMEA region as part of this role.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application