Strategy Consultant – Job description
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM), manages about $500bn client assets across a broad array of investment options in all major asset classes with active fundamental and systematic strategies. The firm has been investing heavily in new client-focused global strategies that also includes broadening out the product platform and investment capabilities. The newly created Strategy and Product Development team within WFAM is responsible for identifying client needs early and rapidly conceiving of and developing market-leading solutions that embody the best investment thinking in the industry.
We are seeking a Strategy Consultant to join our Strategy and Product Development team. The successful candidate will support and manage activities focused on key strategic initiatives as well as idea generation, and design, research, and testing of new product solutions. The position will work under the supervision of senior strategy team members to ensure that new business initiatives and products are aligned with priority business goals in the context of rapidly evolving industry trends. This is an ideal opportunity for an early career professional to build skills and gain exposure to our business, while also contributing to our high-performing team.
• Consults with senior managers and staff to create and execute business plans that support the platform’s business strategy
• Assists in the identification of strategic business, investment and alliance opportunities;
evaluation and approval process of identified opportunities; identification of technology requirements and coordination of technical resources; and communication of strategic and related business plans to management
• Participates in internal strategic planning activities and may participate in Industry planning activity
This position is based in downtown San Francisco.
The successful candidate must be a collaborative team member capable of supporting projects with very high visibility and impact on the business. S/he will have exceptional problem solving skills and be an effective communicator who relies on rigorous analysis and data rather than conventional “wisdom” to inform actions. The role requires both a high degree of financial acumen as well as a sense of urgency and a passion for results. The candidate must have advanced skills related to spreadsheet analysis and presentations.
• 2+ years of work experience, preferably with a management consultant or strategy firm covering financial services, or for a leading financial service firm in a strategic planning role
• Bachelor’s degree with an exceptional academic record in a quantitative discipline; MA/MBA a strong plus; CFA Charterholders and CFA candidates are also highly valued
• Very strong presentation and numeric skill.
• Knowledge of the asset management industry a strong plus
• Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats
• Ability to support multiple projects, particularly in a highly matrixed organization; excellent work-planning skills
• Broad conceptual thinking skills with an outstanding ability to define and deconstruct problems and intuitively prioritize issues
• Strong research and analytical skills, with ability to synthesize and interpret data well
Please contact Brett.firstname.lastname@example.org with expressions of interest for these roles.