Senior Manager Research Analyst (Alternatives)
RVK is a national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in New York, NY and Chicago, IL. We provide unbiased general investing consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients include corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, and high-net-worth individuals and families. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of consulting professionals. RVK's commitment to independence and no conflicts of interest is second to none. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the United States, as reported by Pensions & Investments’ 2017 Special Report – Consultants. Additionally, RVK received a notable award as it was named one of three Greenwich Quality Leaders among large U.S. investment consultants (based upon Greenwich Associates’ 2017 study).
The Senior Alternatives Manager Research Analyst (SAMRA) position focuses on private real estate markets, as well as private market alternatives more broadly, including private equity and real assets. The SAMRA is responsible for a wide range of investment manager research projects participating in the efforts of the Investment Management Research team. This position supports the Manager Research Consultant that leads due diligence in these asset classes. The SAMRA is responsible for a wide range of investment manager research projects participating in the efforts of the Investment Management Research team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Manager Research Consultants in discovery and evaluation of investment managers within a variety of private markets asset classes, including real estate, private equity, real assets and commodities
- Assist with alternatives assets class market research and evaluation
- Maintain alternatives research tools and proprietary databases
- Communicate on a continually with investment managers for data collection, products awareness and meeting scheduling
- Assist with alternatives cash planning projections on behalf of RVK clients
- Communicate with Manager Research Consultants and members of RVK’s Consulting Teams regarding investment manager searches and research reports
- Maintain current with industry news and developments
- Strong analytical skills – able to understand financial concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel®, Word®, Outlook® and Sharepoint®Ability to communicate effectively coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with research tools such as Preqin, Cambridge Associates, Real Capital Analytics, Evestment Alliance®, Morningstar®, Markoff Processes International®, Bloomberg®
- Strong interest, familiarity and experience with alternatives asset classes and their specific attributes helpful. Experience with real estate investments a bonus
- Candidates should be expected to progressively meet criteria for professional advancement and increasing responsibilities
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Real Estate Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- Work toward Chartered Financial Analyst® designation and/or Master’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years of industry experience in investment manager research or related areas such as real estate appraisal, management, private markets due diligence, etc.
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, pretax transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information.
We look forward to receiving your application!