CPB Capital Markets Sales - Team Lead
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18078262
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
Citi Private Bank Capital Markets is responsible for providing global, institutional access to a wide variety of asset classes (Equities, FX, Commodities, Fixed Income, Rates) to our Private Bank clients across both publicly traded markets as well as customized, bespoke solutions. The global presence of Citi Institutional Clients Group allows the team to provide global perspective, with regional insight, and access to dedicated research analysts and execution in several markets worldwide.
The Capital Markets Sales - Team Lead role is responsible for leading and executing the sales strategy for Capital Markets by creating a streamlined, asset class agnostic organization that helps create discipline, focus and standardization for the Capital Markets experience. The role will be responsible for delivering the capital markets plan by increasing internal participation and broadening the client base, coordinating regional sales efforts (roadshows, education, positioning, etc.) and partnering with product verticals to deliver the breadth of the Capital Markets platform to clients with a strong focus on internal sales as well as external sales.
• INTERNAL SALES: Partner and work with all of the regional bankers and investment counselors to ensure that they are aware of the most relevant/timely capital markets ideas and ensure that they have access to the necessary tools and education.
• Building up a strong knowledge base of cross-asset class investment solutions, as well as an understanding of how we construct and manage portfolios
• PARTNERSHIP: Develop strong partnerships with the Structuring and Execution Desks in New York to be aware of prevailing market trends, applicable strategies and new trade ideas. This role will be an important conduit to help curate and promote the best capital markets ideas and initiatives.
• EXTERNAL SALES: This role will have client coverage responsibilities in addition to participating in roadshows to help promote the most salient ideas and solutions across all asset classes and Capital Markets product. This role is responsible for helping to develop and execute together with the Investment Counselor, the investment plan for the clients, delivering strong results
We seek candidates with strong sales and presentation skills who have a strong foundation and acumen in Capital Markets. Candidates must demonstrate an interest, knowledge, experience and expertise in financial markets, as well as possessing excellent presentation, organizational, attention to detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, energy, and confidence to achieve strong business results. Judgment and discretion in working with highly confidential information are also critical.
• Five plus years' experience capital markets sales and trading or investment management
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or CFA preferred
• In depth knowledge of structured products and derivatives and the benefits that these solutions can provide to Family Office and the Ultra High Net Worth client segment
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with familiarity of working with large amounts of data
• Ability to demystify complex concepts and make them digestible to the Private Bank client base
• Strong teamwork, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Energetic and motivated personality, with the willingness to take the initiative where appropriate
• Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines successfully
• Ability to perform well under pressure and successfully manage several projects at a time
• Licenses 7, 66 required for the position