TMT VP1 - Tier 1 Investment Bank
My client is a dynamic TMT team within an industry-leading Tier 1 investment bank with a truly global remit.
This is a high-performing team that echoes the institution's entrenched culture of success, inclusion and outstanding client work.
This role requires the successful candidate to stay abreast of trends in the Technology, Media and Telecoms markets through research, the maintenance of data, and commercial awareness with sector transactions.
Specifically, key responsibilities of the role include and are not limited to:
* M&A activities including company valuations, financial modelling, preparation of materials for both client and internal presentations
* Client-facing Attend client meetings and presentations where appropriate, financial requests from clients and work with third party advisors
* Teamwork coordinating with colleagues from different teams, mentoring junior colleagues
* Commercial awareness and market research
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities and skills:
* Outstanding M&A skills, developed in either a product or sector team
* Tangible deal origination experience and experience with client presentation
* Tangible transaction experience (demonstrated by deal sheet)
* Associate 3 with minimum 4-6 years in M&A
* Excellent quantitative skills with highly-developed modelling essential
* Commercial awareness
* Due diligence including familiarity with compliance and relevant regulations
Preferred exposure/qualifications include:
* CFA Charterholder status
* Exposure to banking in an Investment Banking firm
* Working within a Tier 1 bank with an outstanding internal culture, international team and excellent list of sector transactions
* Highly competitive compensation (as befits a Tier 1 institution)
* Unparalleled exposure to the TMT sector and the opportunity to learn from the industry's highest performers