Investment Department Associate
Contact: Laurie Roggenburk
Title: Associate, Investments
Experience Requirements: 1-3 yrs. experience in investment management or relevant internship experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree; Finance, Economics, or Accounting background preferred
The Associate position in the Investment group supports MAI’s investment strategy in the management of client assets. The Associate is deeply involved in the research process to identify and monitor attractive, suitable investments in the equity, fixed income, and alternative asset classes and works closely with the Investment Committee to support every aspect of the investment process at MAI.
• Basic knowledge of financial markets/ instruments/ regulations, economic theories and relationships, valuation tools, and basic statistical and financial concepts;
• Experienced PC user with strong MS Office background. Morningstar Direct and Zephyr Style Advisor experience preferred;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work as a member of a team;
• Research skills, including the ability to organize, analyze and interpret data;
• High attention to detail;
• Flexibility and adaptability to a dynamic environment.
As we want this experience to reflect the responsibilities of a Junior Investment professional, the responsibilities would include the following:
• Conduct ongoing due diligence of outside managers and help maintain approved security lists;
• Participate in and summarize meetings with fund managers and ETF providers;
• Perform various research projects to identify and analyze investment ideas;
• Stay up-to-date with economic and market news and grow in understanding of financial markets;
• Work with various committees to gather and organize data for decision-making, client reporting, etc.;
• Take minutes at committee meetings and maintain documentation of decisions.
1360 East Ninth Street Suite 1100 Cleveland, Ohio 44114 www.mai.capital