WestEnd Advisors is a privately-owned investment management firm based in Charlotte, NC. The cornerstone of our investment philosophy is that the macroeconomic environment is a key driver of financial market returns. We have developed and refined our proprietary, qualitative investment process over the last two decades, which has enabled us to consistently navigate a wide variety of market conditions on behalf of our clients. WestEnd manages and markets a Large-Cap Core Equity strategy along with a series of portfolios that are constructed with ETFs. WestEnd has approximately $4 billion in assets under management and advisement.
The Investment Analyst will support WestEnd’s Investment Team as part of the firm’s unique, time-tested, top-down and bottom-up investment process. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing research and analysis of leading companies in targeted sectors to support Portfolio Managers in making investment recommendations
- Conducting economic and market research to help inform the firm’s macroeconomic outlook and investment decisions
- Writing research reports to be presented to the Investment Team
- Financial modeling: three statement analysis (income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows). Creating charts, tables and other visual aids as part of analysis.
- Ongoing monitoring of market and company events that could impact portfolio positions
Applicants must have a strong understanding of economic and finance concepts, as well as a passion for the markets, economics and investing. Candidates should have at least 2-4 years of experience with financial modeling and equity research. Applicants should also have:
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Experience with financial statement analysis and financial modeling
- Familiarity with valuation methodologies and comparable company analysis
- Understanding of key economic concepts and major economic readings
- Knowledge of U.S. equities and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint and various economic and market data aggregation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials
- A desire to pursue the CFA designation