Investment Operations Manager
7 days left
We are a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The Investments Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of back office operations for FM Global’s investment portfolios, including custody, accounting, reporting, transaction processing, data management and performance reporting, for both internally and externally managed accounts.
This role will involve cash management and will support the execution of short-term vehicles used (commercial paper/money market funds/T-Bills) and the transfer of funds from multiple accounts daily. The role also will provide oversight and review of performance results of both internally and externally managed assets, and then compile to produce blended results for the CIO for reporting purposes. The reporting, reconciliation, and accounting of financial assets (equity, fixed income and alternative investments) can be complex and as such, it is necessary to have a strong background in understanding the reporting of the investment vehicles the company uses. The role will review and coordinate work and interaction with various outside service providers such as custodians, outside managers and other outsourced service providers; oversee procedures, processes and reports relating to documenting investment operations processes; provide support, diligence and research for financial software and interface programs; and lend the necessary support for communications with internal and external auditors. In addition, this role will act as a coach and mentor to peers and staff.
Qualifications - External:
Bachelor’s – Finance Major (or 10 yrs. equivalent experience)
- 10+ years in financial services, specifically in a multi-asset investment environment
- Strong working knowledge and experience in FactSet/Bloomberg (3 yr. minimum)
- Experience producing and reviewing investment performance calculations, including benchmark management
- Experience and comfort level with working on small teams, and with coaching, training and mentoring staff, including peers
- Strong understanding of the Investments processes and the reporting and recording of transactions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel expertise
- Working knowledge of Treasury functions and using a banking interface
- Detail oriented and familiarity with compliance documentation
- Understanding of investment accounting and asset reconciliation
- Working knowledge of alternative investments and derivatives