Credit Analyst - Fixed Income
The Fixed Income Credit Analyst is primarily responsible for working with and leveraging the time of the Fixed Income Portfolio Managers. This position will work with the portfolio managers to analyze the underlying credits in the Investment Grade and High Yield corporate bond portfolios. The Analyst will perform in-depth company and industry research in order to identify relative value and make recommendations for total return opportunities. The Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining our existing analytics system (BlackRock Aladdin). They will also be expected to provide analytical support to the investment process and perform ad-hoc investment analysis related to the investment goals and strategies.
- Credit analysis of corporate credits and sectors in both Investment Grade and High Yield Portfolios
- Portfolio structure and monitoring
- Responsible for risk analytics systems
- Corporate financial statement analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of corporate credits in order assist in buy and/or sell decisions
- Create credit documentation that includes company and sector detail as well as investment outlook
- Analyzes securities markets by performing credit and relative value analysis and provides input on the specific strategies/securities to invest.
- Candidates should possess extensive knowledge of the sectors, local markets and instrument types in order to implement the best course of action for the trade where multiple solutions exist
- Produce standard and ad hoc reports as required
- Assist Portfolio Managers on an as needed basis with tasks outside of credit analysis
- College degree and 2+ years related work experience in Business, finance, quantitative finance, economics or scientific degree with 3 to 7 years of investment management experience.
- The ability to read and understand financial statements and create justifiable financial projections
- Thorough knowledge in fixed-income analytics, along with the ability to apply the concepts to solve practical portfolio problems
- Exceptional technical skills. The analyst will assist in progressing the technical aptitude of the entire fixed income team
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented. Ability to work accurately and maintain composure under pressure while meeting strict deadlines
- Aptitude to gather relevant facts in a timely manner and make sound decisions quickly
Key Corporate Attributes
- Strong commitment to APFC’s vision and its shared values of integrity, stewardship and passion
- Self-motivation and very strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small collaborative team environment
- MBA, MS in finance, or CFA designation.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of Blackrock Aladdin or Barclays Point
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, removed or changed at any time with or without notice.
APFC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all. APFC follows all applicable Federal and State laws and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other class protected by law.