Vice President, Institutional Equity Sales
POSITION: Vice President, Institutional Equity Sales
Laurentian Bank Securities (“LBS”) is a full-service investment dealer wholly-owned by the Laurentian Bank of Canada. LBS provides a comprehensive range of equity and fixed income products and services to both retail and institutional clients across Canada. Laurentian Bank Securities’ Institutional Equity Division has grown significantly in recent years. This division focuses on small and mid-cap companies across a broad spectrum of industry sectors including technology, health care, real estate, agriculture, transportation, consumer goods, mining and oil and gas. LBS thus holds an enviable position in the market among both independent and bank-owned dealers. With nine research analysts and a growing list of over 90 companies ensuring coverage, LBS is in a good position to continue increasing its presence on capital markets across the country. In addition, LBS’ access to the Laurentian Bank’s financial strength and lending capability is a significant competitive advantage over other market participants.
Laurentian Bank Securities is looking for experienced and enthusiastic salespeople to join our Institutional sales team. The Vice President, Institutional Equity Sales will work as part of the Equities Team with a focus on covering Canadian institutional investors. We are seeking self-motivated, hardworking candidates with strong analytical skills and a track record of success. The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to collaboratively work with colleagues in sales, trading, research and banking. Positions are available in our Calgary, Toronto and Montréal offices.
- Cultivate strong relationships with Canadian institutional clients.
- Increase penetration of Laurentian Bank Securities within existing accounts and prospect new sources of revenue.
- Collaborate with research and sales team on generating impactful ideas for buy-side clients.
- Assist with preparation of relevant sales notes and documents.
- Marketing of corporate clients and LBS research analysts.
- Relevant capital markets experience with a minimum of two year experience in an equity sales role.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and strong academic background.
- An MBA, Masters of Finance degree or CFA designation would be an asset.
- Registration with IIROC is preferred (CSC and CPH courses); FINRA registration would be an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and generate new business opportunities.
- Aptitude for working in a dynamic team environment.
Please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org