Finance Models Validation – Quantitative Risk Specialist
Are you an expert in corporate finance modelling? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Are you attracted by the prospect of pioneer work in the area of financial models risk management? We're looking for someone who is eager to shape the model validation practice for the bank’s Finance and Accounting models and perform independent model assessment by
– analysing the model's conceptual, mathematical and economical soundness
– assessing the model's implementation, developing quantitative benchmark analyses
– scrutinizing input data, model assumptions and parameters, expert adjustments
– reviewing the calibration quality, model outcome, and model performance tests
– identifying model weaknesses and limitations and evaluating overall model risk
– documenting the assessment for internal as well as regulatory purposes
– interacting with stakeholders (model developers and users in the bank’s Finance department, senior management, internal and external audit, regulators) as a representative of the bank’s independent control function for model risk
You’ll be working in the Model Risk Management & Control team in Zürich. Our team is responsible for the independent validation of Treasury risk and Finance models used within UBS, in particular models used for fair value calculations (NAV, DCF, etc.), business forecasting or hedge accounting in the finance department.
– a MSc or PhD (preferred) degree in quantitative finance, quantitative economics, econometrics, actuarial sciences or a related field, ideally complemented by a professional qualification in the area of corporate finance or accounting (such as CFA)
– knowledge of corporate finance models and financial valuation techniques, financial markets and products, basic accounting concepts, experience and strong interest in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management
–coding experience in R, Python, Matlab, VBA or similar
– excellent analytical skills and a keen interest for quantitative aspects of finance
– curious and eager to engage in emerging areas of financial modelling
– able to explain technical concepts in simple, intuitive terms to facilitate collaboration
– co-operative and team-oriented, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and complete tasks also independently to high quality standards
– fluent in English, oral and written
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.