Corporate Action Analyst, Market Manager
The Team: The candidate will be part of the Index Management & Production Group (IMPG) which is responsible for the maintenance and calculation of S&P Dow Jones Indices which includes a wide range of high profile indices based on Latin American equities such as the S&P/BMV IPC and several Exchange Partnerships with the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV), the Santiago Exchange (CLX), Bolsas y Mercados Argentinos (BYMA), the Lima Stock Exchange (BVL), B3 (formerly BM&FBOVESPA) and the Mercado Integrado Latino Americano (MILA).
The Impact: The Market Manager will research stock and company information for all companies in an assigned country (countries) or region(s), including price validation, corporate actions including mergers and acquisitions, attribute assignments, and share/ownership research. The Market Manager must therefore have an excellent understanding of global equity markets.
What’s in it for you: A global role, with the opportunity to fully support the Global Market Management Group within IMPG The Market Manager is responsible for all aspects of an assigned group of companies and should become a subject matter expert in their field, The Market Manager makes recommendations on the treatment of corporate actions in line with our policies and procedures, directly impacting changes to indices and client portfolios.
Research and Analysis on Market Driven Events
• Closely monitor and track announced corporate actions. Monitor multiple news sources for new corporate action announcements. Analyze how these actions will affect indices and decide on strategies to respond to corporate actions
• Consult & communicate with global teams on adjustments to indices resulting from corporate actions
• Research, input, interpret and verify corporate actions for an assigned region and ensure they are correctly applied in a proprietary system
• Research, analyze and update company share and free float information on a regular basis
• Provide backup functions for other team members in other regions and perform QA functions for multiple workflow processes
Price Validation and Verifications
• Validation of system captured prices. Must review captured prices against multiple sources and research and resolve any discrepancies under restrictive timelines. Provide backup function for several market regions
• Responsible for verifying the correctness for hundreds of securities across multiple markets and working to strict deadlines
• Continuously seek ways to improve/streamline processes. Help to plan, test and implement major workflow upgrades
• Play a full part in the team’s comprehensive quality assurance processes
Customer Focus and Communication Responsibilities
• Maintain close customer focus with internal clients on a daily basis by communicating changes in stock data and addressing client data requests as well as by proactively communicating any major issues to Senior Managers or Team Lead
• Influence and communicate to executive level managers and Index Committee members regarding specific market research that potentially affect index changing events.
• Take part in coordination with the technology group and production support group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-5 years of relevant experience working with indices and index related data is required. Direct experience at an index provider and/or financial institution focused on tracking/replication or portfolio management is a plus.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential. Further language skills would be considered an advantage.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills required to communicate index changing events.
• Understanding of global financial markets
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
• Must be proficient in interpreting and analyzing corporate filings and related documents, and apply that analysis to the data inputs underlying S&P DJI Indices
• Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications
• Strong numerical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential. Knowledge of Python and/or VBA would be considered an advantage
More searches like this
- Management Consulting Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors