Senior DC Investment Consultant
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Retirement & Investment
Aon's Retirement & Investment Solutions business is the global leader in human resource consulting and outsourcing solutions. For us, clients are key and the expertise of our people is second to none. We provide clients with distinctive value through an industry-leading portfolio of products and services in actuarial, investment, general consulting and pension’s administration. We align to a Global structure and work to develop methodology, practices and services to exceed our Client’s needs.
The Global Investment Practice specialises in providing independent investment advice to a wide range of clients on investment strategy, asset allocation, investment manager selection and monitoring. As our client base in Ireland continues to grow, we are excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join our team.
From a base in Dublin 2, you will have exposure to a wide range of investment services covering our diverse and growing client portfolio.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
Due to the continued expansion of our DC Investment Consulting services, we are looking for an experienced DC Investment Consultant to join our specialist DC Investment team based in our Dublin 2 office. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate; where you will continue to grow your career and get great exposure to a diverse range of clients. The role will focus primarily on providing Investment Consulting solutions to Defined Contribution clients.
- Serving as Lead Investment Consultant on a number of DC clients, and establish strong relationships whilst managing all aspects of the investment consulting relationship with these clients.
- Proactively assist with the provision of investment advice to clients on Governance structure, Lifestyle Design, Fund Choice reviews, Investment Manager selection, Performance monitoring and Transition management, and Regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the proposition development and marketing of the Aon Delegated DC Investment Services and Aon Ireland MasterTrust.
- Participating in the success of the business through mentoring and training for Analysts and Associate Investment Consultants, and contribution to thought leadership .
- Develop strong relationships across the firm i.e. with Retirement Consultants, the Administration team, Marketing and Communications, the UK DC Investment team, the Delegated Consulting investment management team, and the Global Investment Manager Selection team.
Developing strong relationships external to the firm i.e. with Global investment managers, and participating in working groups in the industry, such as the Society of Actuaries or the IAPF
- Educated to degree level (likely to be Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business or similar)
- Professional qualifications considered:
- Qualified CFA or Qualified Actuary, or currently working towards these qualifications in an investment environment
- Other relevant qualifications would also be considered, if candidate has prior experience working in an Investment role.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You hold a strong experience base with a minimum of 5 years' financial services experience preferably with a major consulting, asset management or banking firm involved in advising occupational pension schemes and/or institutional investors.
- Prior experience in Fiduciary Management/Delegated Consulting, advantageous
- Prior experience working with DB Schemes, foundations, charities and other institutional clients also advantageous
- Knowledge of the process for setting an investment strategy for occupational pension schemes and long term investors and the factors that influence a clients’ decision is a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of asset classes, how they interact and the role they can play in meeting client objectives in tandem with an understanding of the investment strategy setting process.
- Collaborate effectively on cross-practice project groups.
- Possess a strong understanding of Irish clients’ needs and have demonstrable experience in relationship management and business development
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills with a complimentary professional presentation style
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage workload in a timely and proactive manner
- Team spirit – enjoy contribution, innovation and be comfortable working at all levels
What you can expect from us:
- Our Dublin 2 office location is easily accessible
- An attractive offer and range of benefits geared to attract the best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.