Global Investment Solutions - Modelling & Research Director
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world.
With more than 2000 employees globally, including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage almost £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation, customized solutions and alternatives. We have a presence in 18 countries.
Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We aim to deliver the investment outcomes our clients expect through an investment approach that is team-based, performance-driven and risk-aware. Our culture is dynamic and interactive. By sharing our insights across asset classes and geographies we generate richer perspectives on global, regional and local investment landscapes. The ability to exchange and debate investment ideas in a collaborative environment enriches our teams' investment processes. More importantly, it results in better informed investment decisions for our clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Columbia Threadneedle Investments welcomes an inclusive employee population and work environment, and actively promotes diversity. One of our key employee forums is the Diversity and Inclusion Group, which brings together colleagues from across the company to champion best practice and provide guidance and feedback around diversity issues relating to the attraction, development and retention of talent.
To find out more about Columbia Threadneedle Investments and what we can offer please visit our website. http://www.columbiathreadneedle.com/
Columbia Threadneedle is distinguished by the breadth and quality of our investment capabilities, and we have begun to evolve our Investment Solutions offering to address the needs of a broader set of clients in all regions, incorporating the full spectrum of investment needs and desired outcomes.
Growing our solutions business is a strategic priority for Columbia Threadneedle. Our strengths across the core components required to build an investment solutions proposition has helped us achieve an enviable track record in multi-asset as well as solutions portfolios to date. Building on this foundation, we are now expanding our efforts to bring additional expertise and incorporate more of our component capabilities into play, to better serve our clients with a sophisticated and truly bespoke offering.
The Global Investment Solutions team at Columbia Threadneedle Investments is focused on delivering the firm's expertise and capabilities across single asset class as well as multiple asset solutions. The team is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their investment goals through a customized, outcome-oriented approach. We design bespoke investment solutions that blend our best-in-class capabilities from Fixed Income, Equities, Multi-Asset, Alternatives and Passive strategies. We tailor our solutions according to the client's individual needs and circumstances, including regulatory parameters. The Global Investment Solutions team is the point-of-contact for portfolio design, implementation and ongoing efficient oversee and review of custom solutions for our clients.
The position of Modelling & Research Director is a new role that will help lead the implementation of this growth strategy, working with members of the core investment teams and Distribution partners to evolve this investment lead and client-focused function.
- Develop, improve and deliver world-class modelling and research capabilities on portfolio construction, capital market assumption, optimisation techniques including economic scenario generator and stochastic modelling.
- Contribute and be responsible for the Global Investment Solutions' research agenda in relation to clients specific regulatory constraints and investment requirements.
- Work with investments and distribution colleagues to understand and map specific requirements of clients' needs and develop and deliver research and modelling techniques to support value added client engagement.
- Match these up with the capabilities across our global investment offering with the goal of delivering a solution to address these needs and satisfy clients' evolving requirements
- Drive forward our thinking on what solutions capabilities need to be strengthened and developed to satisfy our clients' needs. This includes both institutional and wholesale in collaboration with the investment teams; product development and how technology can be improved and harnessed to efficiently deliver the component parts.
- Work with distribution to deliver and model investment solutions to prospective clients and to serve existing clients on an ongoing basis.
- Strong research and modelling expertise
- Strong quantitative technical skills, critical risk management capabilities as well as manager selection expertise
- Strong IT technical skills including Excel VBA and MATLAB
- Mathematics, engineering, computer science or similar background.
- A broad understanding of the financial services industry, Insurance asset management and defined benefit and contribution sectors, as well as understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements that underpin solutions for these client types.
- Ability to understand a broad range of investment capabilities, including derivatives, structuring and requirements for yield and risk protection.
- A strategic thinker with proven experience of devising and developing investment strategy products.
- Ability to translate client problems into investment language as well as able to engage with clients on a value added and consultative needs-based way
- A full understanding of fund management, its principles and processes.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Experienced and self-motivated investment and solutions professional
- Signficant industry experience, gained within an asset manager, investment bank, consultancy or insurance company.
- CFA chartholder or FRM charted
- Experience of working in a global organisation and within a matrix management structure
- Aladdin expertise