- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Investment Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19003310
The Portfolio Manager will be a member of the Global Balanced team based in London and work closely with the Head of the team in the management of the Latin America book of business. The team is responsible for investment management, portfolio implementation, client service and communication for over $10bn in multi asset class portfolios
Citi Private Bank (CPB), within Citibank, provides personalized wealth management services for ultra-high-net-worth clientele. With over $48 million of assets under management, Citi Investment Management (CIM) is CPB's global asset management boutique and focuses on personalized portfolio construction based on the specific investment needs of each investor - offering traditional asset classes and provides diversification through the inclusion of alternative investments.
- Active participation in the Investment Process including contributing to equity, fixed income and manager selection as well as determination of tactical asset allocation
- Day-to-day responsibility for management and implementation of model and Custom client portfolios
- Participate in business development activities
- Review and disseminate portfolio performance and investment decisions with clients, as well as internal partners (Investment Counselors / Bankers)
- Coordinate activity of portfolio associates / junior portfolio managers
- Ability to directly drive investment results and business development
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Successful team worker with ability to work individually
- Ability to work under stress in possibly volatile market conditions
- Possess high level of professionalism and strong personal integrity
- High level of competence with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience as an investor/portfolio manager with client facing responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese required
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced Degree in Business, Finance, Economics and/or CFA preferred.
- Extensive years of industry experience including Multi asset portfolio or asset management.
- Strong communication skills a must, both written and verbal
- Looking for strong team player, problem solver willing to take initiative
- Analytical Ability
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Drive and Determination
- Influencing Skills / Persuasiveness
- Initiative / Innovation
- Relationship Building
- Risk Awareness
- Team player
- Valuing Diversity:
o Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
o Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime.
The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016.
Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above.
This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks.
If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.