Consulting Portfolio Analyst
The Consulting Portfolio Analyst is an investment management role primarily supporting the consulting clients at Horizon. The primary responsibilities of this role include customized portfolio construction, manager due diligence, investment universe evaluation, and overall market research in relation to consulting client portfolios. This role will also represent Horizon’s investment management capabilities to consulting clients by effectively communicating market views, allocation positioning, and in-depth knowledge of Horizon investment strategies. This person is expected to contribute actionable and original investment ideas tailored to consulting client portfolios as well as help research and analyze ideas presented by other team members or requested by clients. The position will work closely with the Senior Consulting Analyst and other Consulting Analysts as well as other members of the Consulting Team in presenting Horizon’s offerings to potential consulting clients, efficiently onboarding new consulting clients, performing analysis and evaluation of consulting client portfolios, and maintaining strong relationships with ongoing consulting clients. This role will also interact directly with other members of Horizon’s Investment Management team on a regular basis, providing ideas, research and analysis for Horizon’s proprietary strategies as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Provide original allocation input, recommendations, research, and ideas into consulting client portfolios.
- Analyze and evaluate consulting client requests in regards to portfolio analysis and positioning of proposed consulting solutions.
- Monitor consulting client portfolios for abnormal performance deviations relative to benchmarks and provide recommendation for portfolio changes, if necessary.
- Generate market and portfolio commentary with respect to consulting client positioning and outlook.
- Maintain database of current and potential investment vehicles for use in consulting client portfolios with the appropriate manager details, objectives, fees, and risk/return statistics
- Participate in weekly Consulting team meeting to review current and prospective consulting client relationships.
- Attend weekly Portfolio Management team meetings and provide research and proposals for allocation and selection ideas for proprietary Horizon strategies.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, finance or business
- At least 3 years of work experience in an investment management or analyst role.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., CFA, MBA).
- A strong knowledge of asset allocation modeling and economic analysis is highly beneficial. Familiarity with multi-asset investing and financial market analysis is valued.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with investment activities including manager and strategy research, portfolio construction and implementation, portfolio measurement and monitoring, and investment policy statement construction.
- Client-facing experience is a plus.
Minimum Required Tasks OR Performance Evaluation Standards
- Quality and measurement of original ideas for adoption and inclusion in consulting client portfolios
- Quality of research and analysis regarding client portfolio requests
- Effectiveness in communicating research and analysis with prospective and current consulting clients regarding to potential portfolio manager and allocation changes
- Quality and measurement of original ideas for adoption and inclusion in proprietary Horizon portfolios