Senior Economist (Tier-1 Asset Manager)
*Please read the below description carefully and only apply if you think you are a good potential fit
A leading Asset Manager (multiple hundred billion$ AUM) is looking to hire a Senior Economist to work as part of the Investment Strategy Team. The ideal candidate will have a very strong macro background (preferably with central bank or similar experience), as well as at least a few years on the buy-side or sell-side. In addition to strong macro analysis skills, it is also important that this person can help highlight potential policy & market implications of their research. If the person has markets experience, they will also be allowed to contribute to the idea generation process.
The ideal candidate will be sharp, intellectually curious, an out-of-the box thinker, while also being humble, collegial, and able to work well in a team environment. Big egos will not be considered.
- 10-15+ years' experience
- Strong econometric modelling skills (essential)
- Strong Macro background - preferably with some central bank or intergovernmental financial institution experience (eg. ESM, IMF, OECD etc), however this is not required
- An understanding of the interactions/correlations between the asset classes (preferable, but not required)
- MSc or PhD level degree (required)
- CFA Certified (Desirable)
- Buy-Side and Sell-Side backgrounds will both be considered
- Intellectually curious with a strong ability to communicate thought leadership, thematic research with policy & macro implications, as well as potential market/asset class implications
- Willing to have ideas/research challenged by the wider team and to defend ideas
- Some previous leadership experience or line management responsibility (ideal, but not required)