Colorado PERA is seeking an investment professional to perform fundamental stock research and make recommendations for portfolios within the Global Equity asset class. Our ideal candidate has a history of presenting investment recommendations effectively in formal and informal situations while conveying opinions clearly and concisely. We are looking for a professional that works effectively both individually and in a team-based environment, and can work comfortably with people of differing styles and preferences. If you are interested in working for a multi-billion dollar pension fund and utilizing your skills to help fulfill the retirement expectations of our members, this may be a great fit.
- Independently conducts equity research, company modeling, and analytical functions to support the internal active management of the public equity asset class which contains global stocks across the market capitalization spectrum
- Engages in industry and sector analysis and makes buy and sell stock recommendations
- Sources and recommends potential investments while maintaining coverage of existing holdings within a given sector; may cover two or more global sectors
- Intellectually curious; enjoys digging into the details
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Shows initiative, confidence, and determination; willing to take calculated risks
- Exhibits effective interpersonal communication and teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or economics; 3+ years of investment experience; CFA designation; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Ability to successfully lead due diligence meetings with company management and sell side professionals
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental stock analysis and valuation techniques
- Proficiency in Excel; experience with Bloomberg and FactSet, preferred
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as necessary for business purposes
How to Apply
Complete the employment application online and view the full job description at www.copera.org/careers.
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or transit subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
About Colorado PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
Established in 1931, PERA manages approximately $46 billion across a variety of asset classes, such as stocks, bonds, private equity, and real estate. PERA's investment strategy uses actuarially established investment objectives with long-term goals and policies. Our investment professionals work to invest retirement contributions and maximize returns for the Fund with limited risk.
PERA represents “One of Colorado’s Best Investments”. PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA’s main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation’s top city in which to live, work, and play.