Fund Research Analyst
You will work alongside members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct third party fund research across a variety of investment strategies, focusing on long-only Asian, emerging market and frontier market equity mandates.
You will be a key member of the team and will be expected to act quickly with a high degree of autonomy; conducting independent research to determine potential new trade and fund ideas.
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research on funds including both desk research and fund manager meetings.
- Writing due diligence reports and presenting the conclusions to the Fund Selection Committee.
- Regularly reviewing the performance of funds & formally updating recommendations, inc. conducting update meetings with fund managers
- Engaging with portfolio managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.
- Writing, presentation skills
- Strong team player
- Challenging convention
- Working to tight deadlines
- Good initiative / project management. Happy to drive your own workload.
- Required experience with the following: Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Microsoft Office
At least two years of relevant experience and CFA Level 1 is preferable.
You may be required to carry out other duties from time to time as necessary. The role is a strategic hire for the firm and represents a fantastic opportunity to become involved in the growth of the business from the early stages.